Ocala, Florida- Racers United Charitable Fund announced today it raised $800 for Voices for Children, an Ocala based charity that helps neglected and abused children find safe places to live and provide them the essentials of day to day living.
This was the third karting event of the year held at the Florida Winter Tour Rotax race weekend bringing over 200 competitors who helped raise the money through a raffle. DeFrancesco Racing had a representative, Pam Heron, selling 50/50 raffle tickets the first two days of the event. A drawing was held on Sunday to announce the winner. Half of the proceeds went to the winner and the other half went to the Ocala based Voices for Children. In addition, there were private donations that raised the total money raised to $800 directly to the charity. The organization was on hand during some of the Sunday final races as guests of DFR where they were thoroughly impressed with the level of competition on the track and the magnitude of the event. The money raised will go a long way in helping the abused children in the Ocala area.
Racers United next event will be this weekend in Norman, Oklahoma at the 1st round of the Southwest Regional Cup with hopes to return to the National circuit in the coming months.
For more information on Racers United, please visit their website at www.racersunited.org.
- Inaugural US Open of Dirt Cancelled - Lack of entries force cancellation of event
- Superkarts! USA Releases Highlight Film of Modesto Grand Prix
- Team K&K Just Misses Podium in 2 Of 3 Briggs Classes at Canadian Nationals
- Briggs & Stratton Announce World Formula Engine Model Updates
- EKN Trackside: 2014 Rock Island Grand Prix – Race Report - Dittmer, Neilson, and Aldridge...