NTK offers a class of racing for everyone!
Age 5-8 run a Kid Karts. These are smaller scale karts and a 50cc Comer engine with rigid specifications to prevent modifications and keep cost contained. This class is intended to teach the youngest drivers how to drive, and all competitors are awarded first place finishes. Typical used package prices begin around $1100 and new packages are around $2000.
Ages 8-12 run various classes with a cadet sized chassis. These are typically 7-8 HP Yamaha KT-100 2 stroke and 13 HP TAG classes. These kids put on some fine racing!
- Junior 1 - Yamaha KT100 engine or Comer K-80
- TAG Cadet - Gazelle 60cc
- Rotax Mini Max - Spec class with a sealed Rotax FR125 - ages 9-12
- Rotax Micro Max - Spec class with a sealed Rotax FR125 - ages 7-10
- Chonda Jr I - ages 8-10
- Chonda Jr II - ages 10-12
Ages 12-15 run in Junior Classes on full size kart chassis in classes ranging from 10 HP Yamaha KT-100 and 20 HP TAG classes to 28 HP 6 speed Shifter Classes. The competition is very strong among these classes at NTK!
- Junior Sportsman - Yamaha KT100 engine with a 3-hole restrictor can
- Junior Super Sportsman - Yamaha KT100 engine with a 4-hole restrictor can
- Rotax Junior - Spec class with a sealed Rotax FR125 engine - ages 13-16
- TAG Junior - Spec class - various engines*
- S5 - Stock shifter class
- Chonda Jr III
Ages 15 and up run in the Senior Classes ranging from the 12 HP YAmaha KT-100 classes, 28HP TAG Classes to the 40+ HP 125cc Shifter Classes. There are several very competitive used packages available at bargain prices.
- Senior Super Sportsman - Yamaha KT100 engine with a 4-hole restrictor can
- Yamaha Master Can - Yamaha KT100 with a 4-hole restrictor can - ages 32+
- Yamaha Heavy - Yamaha KT100 with a pipe - ages 15+
- Rotax Senior - Spec class with a sealed Rotax FR125 engine (also known as Senior Max and Rotax International)
- Rotax Masters - Spec class with a sealed Rotax FR125 engine - ages 32+ or 16 & weight 190lbs+
- TAG Senior - Spec class - various engines*
- TAG Master - Spec class - various engines* - ages 32+ or 16 & weight 190lbs+
- Stock shifter class
- Chonda - Harbor Freight stock Honda 4-cycle clone engine**
- Box Stock Animal - Sealed Briggs & Stratton 4-cycle engine***
Racing Season Summary
NTK conducts racing through 4 seasons of club racing with a Polar Bear, Spring, Summer, and Fall Series. There are also a few special events that attract racers from other tracks in the region like the SWRC Regional Race and a 50 lap endurance style race.
- Winter Series is a 4 -race series that runs in January and February. It tends to draw many new members and some regional/national competitors who enjoy this series in the "off season". There payouts to the top five in each class for the points total in the series. This series runs only in dry weather.
- Spring/Summer/Fall series are typically 6 races each with a points awards for a Season and Year-end Series Champion in each class. This series runs only in dry weather. Spring, Summer, and Fall series are run forwards (counter-clockwise).
- Special Races may be run throughout the year, such as IKF regionals, Texas ProKArt Challenge, Chonda Endurance, and Powder Puff races.
Normally Races during the Daylight Savings Time period of the year are run on Saturday nights, with racing beginning at 6:00 pm. During the Standard Time period of the year, races are run on Saturday afternoons, beginning at 1:00 pm.