It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:24 am

Text Size

Making a return to kart racing/need help in the Chonda class

Classifieds for karts, kart parts and accessories.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Making a return to kart racing/need help in the Chonda class

Postby Matt Drottz » Mon May 16, 2011 9:30 am

I have an older Kosmit kart w/ a kt 100 on it that I want to convert over to the Chonda class. I know very little about pavement road course racing as the last time I ran on it was 20+ yrs ago when I was a youngster. I just got the kart last weekend and realized the brakes need work and I will need to get a set of MG’s installed to meet the NTK rules. I also need some help understanding what gear to run , setup and few other modifications that may be required for Chonda. I have read the rules on here, but still have quite a few questions.

If anyone is interested in the kt100 motor, I am willing to selling/ trading it as I’d like to get 3 or more Chonda karts going before the fall season. I live in far north Fort Worth.
I have pics of the motor/kart if needed. It is a Mckee engine, piped with a L&J??? gold single disc wet clutch, would be good for JR1 class maybe?

Thank you,

Matt
515-441-9335
Drottz87@hotmail.com
Matt Drottz

Re: Making a return to kart racing/need help in the Chonda class

Postby Mike Engstrom » Mon May 16, 2011 6:49 pm

Our shop is not far from you, KAM Karting in Rhome. 817-638-5278. Can try and help as much as possible. Shop is open 9-6 come on out.
Mike Engstrom

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Mon May 16, 2011 10:25 pm

Matt,

We have 2 weights, Chonda Heavy at 385lbs & Chonda Light at 320lbs. I am in Chonda Light & use a 14 tooth driver gear & 53 tooth rear gear. Anything in the 3.7, 3.8 ratio is good.

I recommend you buy your engine from George Shear at Total Concept Racing Engines as he seals the engines for NTK. http://www.gokartracingengines.com phone 405-799-9204

I started the Chonda class last year and was the class sponsor. My husband is the class mentor. Feel free to call anytime with questions & we will do our best to answer them for you.

We already have a good number of Chondas at each club race. I think we had 10 last race (5 Heavy & 5 Light) the more we get in the class the more fun it is. It should be a pretty big class by the Fall! :D

Yaani-Mai
972-462-8393 home
214-378-1901 cell
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
www.gaddywebdesign.com
972-462-8393
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Postby Matt Drottz » Tue May 17, 2011 7:36 am

Mike thanks, I will probably take you up on that,do you guys hang around on friday nights after 6pm? the kart is at the shop in Burleson, i need to go get it and bring it your way after work on friday on my way to Boyd (to watch the dirt trackers), but i cannot get there until 6pm or so. Yaani, thanks for the Gear information and the offer for assistance, i'm going to need it!!LOL I am a bigger guy, so the Chonda heavy will probably be my class of choice. I look forward to getting the 1st Kart going soon!

-thanks
Matt
Matt Drottz

Return to Kart Classifieds