It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:34 pm

Text Size

Tony Kart - Honda 125cc - $2000 OBO

Classifieds for karts, kart parts and accessories.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Tony Kart - Honda 125cc - $2000 OBO

Postby Matt Lee » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:06 pm

I purchased this kart 5+ years ago with the intention of getting into racing. I took it to several parking lots, and quickly realized I am in over my head.

The Good: It is a Tony Kart chassis, with a Honda CR125r engine. The top end has ~30 min of zipping around parking lots on it. It comes with more than a handful of parts. The highlights of the parts are: a spare Klien carb, every jet/needle combination you will ever need, a plastic exhaust silencer, and a rolling stand.

The Bad: It has taken me several years of letting it sit in the garage to come to the realization: I will never race this kart. I am ashamed to say, that leaves it with a few mechanical problems from sitting without use. First, the brakes need some maintenance. I suspect the existing calipers can be rebuilt, if you have the time and expertise. I don’t. Second, the engine has not been started in 3+ years. When it was put away, the coolant and fuel systems were purged. A combination of coolant, gas, and it should fire right up.

Bottom line: I am asking $2000 or best offer. I don’t need to sell it today, but on the other hand I am a motivated seller. All cash offers, made in person will be seriously considered.

Matt
Matt Lee

Re: Tony Kart - Honda 125cc - $2000 OBO

Postby Matt Lee » Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:39 am

Matt Lee

Re: Tony Kart - Honda 125cc - $2000 OBO

Postby Matt Lee » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:29 pm

Sold
Matt Lee

Return to Kart Classifieds