It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:25 pm

Text Size

Complete Race Kart - Yamaha KT100 - Trick Frame - w/ Extras

Classifieds for karts, kart parts and accessories.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Complete Race Kart - Yamaha KT100 - Trick Frame - w/ Extras

Postby Walter Erlinger » Mon May 07, 2012 3:24 pm

Asking price is $2500 - But open to offers. Feel free to contact me and maybe we can work something out.

I thought I would get into racing big time, but never did. I bought the complete setup race ready kart with accessories and was super excited. I joined NTK, got my key, drove out to the track on an off day to practice and on the second lap I broke the drive chain and that was it. My complete racing "career" was over. I've since replaced the chain but never made time to go back to the track and I now need the room in the garage for other toys.

My kart is built on a trick frame and it's got a trick aluminum gas tank. It's powered by a Yamaha KT100 motor. The motor has a Walbro carb, L&T 2 cycle wet clutch, a can muffler and a RLV airbox. The cart has a Digatron DT-6E tachometer with is not currently connected. The mounting strap for the tach is torn and one of the leads is disconnected.

The accessories that are included with this sale are
- Rolling vertical stand
- Rouse Racing lift/stand work station
- 2 extra front wheels
- 2 extra rear wheels
- Yamaha KT100 engine service manual
- L&T wet clutch manual
- A divided container of small parts
- 2 Fast Karts timing plates
- A few bottles of brake fluid and oils
- Coleman self contained starter
- Size L race suit

This kart runs perfect and without problems. Last time this kart was running - the gas was drained and it's been stored ever since. The only thing that this kart needs to be back on the track is mixed gas and clutch fluid. THAT'S ALL !!! This is a complete package deal, buy today and be on the track tomorrow.

Kart – Left Front

Kart – Left Rear

Kart – Right Front

Kart – Right Rear

Kart – Front

Kart – Rear

Lift/Stand Work Station – Left Front

Lift/Stand Work Station – Left Rear

Lift/Stand Workstation – Right Front
Lift/Stand Work Station – Right Rear

Vertical Stand

Trick Aluminum Gas Tank

Yamaha KT100

RLV Airbox

L&T Clutch

Digatron Tach

Brake Disc & Rotors

Extra Wheels

Race Suit

Manuals

Timing Plates & Oils
Walter Erlinger

Re: Complete Race Kart - Yamaha KT100 - Trick Frame - w/ Ext

Postby Walter Erlinger » Sat May 12, 2012 11:07 pm

Judging from the lack of responses I'm guessing it might not sell so fast. Does anyone know if the reason for such little interest is because of the kart itself or the asking price? The kart runs great and I believe it looks good too. With both stands and the starter it seems like it comes with all the needed accessories. I truly know little about this sport and so now I guess I'm now asking for help.

Is my asking price to high? Should I sell all the accessories separately? Should I part out the kart and sell the motor and frame separately? Please let me know what you think and I won't be offended by the responses. Feel free to make offers on this package deal and maybe we can work something out. Thanks.
Walter Erlinger

Postby chris foisy » Mon May 14, 2012 9:57 am

Not trying to hurt your feelings , but yes its to much and just judging from photos the kart looks out dated....
chris foisy

Postby Mike Engstrom » Tue May 15, 2012 3:43 pm

I would have agree with Chris, it is an older kart. Probably a grand or more too high. JMO
Mike Engstrom

Postby Bob Schabel » Tue May 15, 2012 4:03 pm

Yes, way too high a price. Its an older kart that would need a front bumper, full width rear bumper to race it. Front end is old design, no ackerman. The tires are no help being that old. The guage is very old, etc.
Bob Schabel
NTK Vice President

Return to Kart Classifieds