It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:30 am

Text Size

Any Interest in Rugged Folding Kart Stand?- $130

Classifieds for karts, kart parts and accessories.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Any Interest in Rugged Folding Kart Stand?- $130

Postby Robby Bernard » Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:09 pm

I recently joined the world of karting this year and have already caught the bug. A friend and I just bought ourselves a pair of Rotax Sr karts (I'm on a newer Sodi chassis, my friend is on a CRG chasis) and have been out at NTK for the past few weekends. Anyway, the hidden costs of karting are starting to catch up, so I decided to try to save a few bucks by building a kart stand. I ended up building myself an electric kart stand similar to the Streeter Super stand and built a folding stand for my friend.

I was looking to see if there was any interested out there for any new karters, or veterans for that matter, for me to build them a folding kart stand. It costs me about $75 in raw materials, and a solid half day of cutting/drilling/grinding/welding/painting but I'm trying to find an excuse to practice my fabrication and welding skills. I used 1.25 square tubing, 10" pneumatic rear tires, and 8" pneumatic swivels which I think is pretty similar to all the ruggedized stands sold from the pros for about $300 online. I'm not anywhere close to a professional fabricator and am fairly new to welding so will not promise that my welds will look all that pretty, but I do know they will do the job. The paint does a good job at disguising them anyway.

I will be at NTK tomorrow at about 11am so just swing by If you want to take a look (just look for the Sodi on a gold/black electric stand) If there is enough interest, I could either paint the stands with a higher durability urethane color and clear coat that I used recently to paint my motorcycle tank, or look at getting them powder coated, although I really have no idea what that would cost. Otherwise, I can just rattle-can with the stand with a color and clear coat just like I did on my current stands (see picture), or if preferred, leave the stand unpainted for you jazz up on your own. And, although this stand is very stout and I don't expect any issues, if anything on the frame happens to break or crack, I will repair it for free if you drop it off with me at NTK (you're on your own if the wheels or casters break, they are from Harbor Freight)

Robby Bernard

Return to Kart Classifieds