It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:50 am

Text Size

Anybody Interested in a Clone Rookie Class?

Discussion forum for Kid Kart classes.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Re: Anybody Interested in a Clone Rookie Class?

Postby Brian Swanson » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:35 am

Robbie Floyd wrote:Forget the KX65, you need to get him on a KX85! Ricky Carmichael was a teenager before he got that tall. The short wheelbase of the 60 makes it even more of a handful to control. I'm going to have one kid 20lb's over and one 20 lb.'s under before long in the kid kart class. Hope to see you soon on the track.

Well he can't even race the KX65 til april when he turns 7... 65 is crazy fast enough and tall blake cant even touch the ground with that suspension :)
Brian Swanson

Postby Mike Engstrom » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:13 am

No problem, was just an idea and you would have classes with 8-12 karts every night. I agree, the micro max deal is crazy, new kart package about 7000.00 and once again no one to race. Bottom line your money, spend it how you want. I would still have NTK membership to get track time, if you live here in DFW.
Mike Engstrom

Postby Jeff Mitchell » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:41 pm

Brian,
I look forward to seeing you develop this into a great class and would hope that you have incredible success. My only concern was to keep our successful kid kart class intact and growing.

I am disappointed that we could not find a way to allow Blake to have a competitive option within the kid kart class. We certainly always enjoyed his competitiveness. I also certainly understand you moving forward considering he will not be getting any smaller. The 6.5 clone makes a nice package on a cadet and should make an economically fun class to compete in. You are most likely on the right track for a rookie clone class as a stepping stone to the juniors.

Maybe the best thing to do is bolt one of your clones onto a cadet chassis, put the smallest restrictor available in it, then get some lap times at whatever weight is reasonable. If the thing runs kid kart times, then promote it as Kid Kart Chonda Heavy option and come run with us. If it runs faster you can either promote a rookie clone class or petition to move him to Chonda Jr. I.

Either way I wish you the best of luck and look forward to racing with you guys in the future.
Jeff Mitchell
NTK Member

Previous

Return to Kid Kart