It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:03 am

Text Size

procedure

Discussion forum for Yamaha classes.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

procedure

Postby John Ray » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:29 pm

hey heayies, lets all pea pick this year invert and run finals off of points accrual. fast guy is going to wind up in front anyway, lets put the fun back in the race and learn something in the process. how about it, lets be different.
J RAY
John Ray
NTK President

Postby George Kraus » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:27 am

I'm in for that !! I don't care for the "new" qualifing format at all.
Driven faster,
George Kraus
Doctor say that I can go drive, check the bloodpressure and LET'S SEE.

Whoot!!!!!!!!!
George Kraus
NTK Newsletter

pea picking

Postby Mike Jones » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:44 pm

I would LOVE to go back to drawing numbers. Not only making you a better driver, but will eliminate a bunch of time!
Mike Jones

Postby Mike Engstrom » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:16 pm

AMEN!!!! Or at least some of the time. One of the bad things, you have new people come out to track to see some racing. Get to track around 1 pm, and by 2:30 or so they are ready to go home and haven't seen hardly any racing. We've lost them at that point usually. Just my 2 cents
Mike Engstrom

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:13 pm

You might want to check with Lori to see if the software will allow one class to run a different race format to other classes.

Maybe changing all classes to the same format for a race would be less confusing to people in scoring.
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

pea pick

Postby Lori Richardson » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:25 pm

The software can easily handle it.

It's just a matter of getting everyone in the class to agree. The rules say that every member of the class that day has to agree, so all it takes is one person that doesn't like it or feels threatened by it to put a stop to it.

We tried several times last year to get the Yamaha heavy and Sr. Super Sportsman classes to do this and someone always objected so we were never able to do it.

If that's the format you want, propose it at the next race and get everyone that registers in the class to agree. Then all you have to do is notify scoring.

Lori
Lori Richardson

Postby Mike Engstrom » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:34 pm

Thank you! Lori didn't know it could be that easy
Mike Engstrom

pea pick

Postby Lori Richardson » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:43 pm

Mike,
It was a rule change a year ago that any class that unanimously chooses pea pick can do that on any given race day.
So, the formalities are very easy and the change in the computer is really easy for the workers. We even have the computer draw a number for everyone at registration just in case a class decides to go with that method.

Lori
Lori Richardson

Return to Yamaha