It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:56 am

Text Size

Great Fun in Master Can

Discussion forum for Yamaha classes.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Great Fun in Master Can

Postby Reg Richardson » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:36 pm

This past Saturday night we had some great racing with our largest group of the year. Master Can is continuing to run pea-pick and it is providing a lot of wheel-to-wheel competition and fun. The final proved to be very exciting as the pack was tight throughout the race and the top 4 karts crossed the finish line within a 0.6 second window.

Congratulations to Chris for a last lap pass in turn 2 (8 if counting backwards), to take the win for the final, and for the night.

It was good to see Bob Preston running so well in all three heats, especially after he mangled his and his son's kart during a Friday night practice incident. I've never seen a bumper bent that bad. It looked as if it had been wrapped around a pole.

Looking forward to watching some more Master Can action at Summer 6!
Reg Richardson
NTK Member

Re: Great Fun in Master Can

Postby Bob Preston » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:32 am

Reg,
You’re right that was fun. Congrats to Chris & Lori on that pass, they kept working until they got around me...
BP
Bob Preston

Postby Reg Richardson » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:32 am

Hey Bob, it looked like your kart was handling pretty well. Were you running on MG Reds or Yellows?

Reg
Reg Richardson
NTK Member

Postby Bob Preston » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:02 pm

Yeah, it handled much better after I wrecked it!
Just kidding....I did switch to the yellows because the reds were requiring too much of a change to get grip after the sun went down and it cooled off. That’s what we were doing Friday was testing to see if they would be more consistent…my front bumper says no, there not.
BP
Bob Preston

Postby Mathew Souza » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:19 am

Looked like fun to me too. I enjoyed watching the good racing. I think I'm goona join y'all this Saturday night. Lord knows I could use the seat time! :shock:
Mathew Souza
TEAM CORE KARTING
TAG Sr #27/27t
CRG KT1
Parilla Leopard
Mathew Souza
NTK Board Member

Return to Yamaha