It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:49 am

Text Size

New SKUSA Engine Rules for Stock Moto 2010

Discussion forum for shifters.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

New SKUSA Engine Rules for Stock Moto 2010

Postby Paul Tartaglia » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:25 pm

SKUSA has just released some new engine rules for 2010 that will probably affect everyone's engine configuration. Additionally, they have renamed the classes (S3 is now called S1), changed some weights and added a licensing structure for class progression. NTK will need to revise the official NTK rule book for 2010 to reflect these new changes if we want to keep current with the new national stock moto rules. Go to http://www.superkartsusa.com/pkc-socal/929-skusa-bulletin-stock-moto-component-restrictions.html for all the details
Paul Tartaglia
NTK Member

Re: New SKUSA Engine Rules for Stock Moto 2010

Postby Dorsey Perkins » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:09 pm

Thanks for the link Paul, hope to see you at the track this coming year. With the help of The Kart Shop, Michael Johnson and a the club we had a great time this year with the shifters. I hear Conner and Miquel are coming aboard. I can tell you there was nothing like seeing 10-12 or more shifters on the track, everyone who is there is at the fence..

Anyone thinking about getting into karting should look at either a Jr. or Sr. engine (same engine with restrictions). The engines are bullet proof, chains don't fall off, no starter and the batteries don't go dead. Later on in racing where do you not shift, I-35 south to work? Awesome class, Sefcik is an awesome builder and tuner so local support is here. It's not as expensive if you shop the want ads, I can help you with what years to buy. 96 and 97 for the transmission, 1999-2002 for the engine cases and of course 1999 for the cylinder head and ignition. 972-322-4672
Dorsey Perkins
NTK Member

Return to Shifter Karts