It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:04 am

Text Size

Mychron times vs Transponder times

Information & Questions about karting in general.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Mychron times vs Transponder times

Postby Lori Stine » Sun May 10, 2009 3:47 pm

Newbie mom needs help!

Should the onboard mychron times reflect the transponder times or is there a big difference? I'm asking because after heat 1 yesterday, Hunter's mychron (#88 kid karts) reflected 55, 56, and some 57 second laps. However, in checking out the Race Laps times today, it shows his fastest lap as a 58 sec lap.

Not fussing here, I'm just glad he's going out and having fun, but I'm just curious if we have a problem with our mychron and what to do about it - or was our transponder off time?

(oh yeah, I forgot, I was timing him during practice with a cheapie stop-watch and as inaccurate as that might be, it was still closer to the mychron times than his race laps times.)

Thanks!!
Lori
Lori Stine
NTK Secretary

Postby Bob Preston » Sun May 10, 2009 5:48 pm

Lori,
It has been my expierence that our timing system is very accurate. Usually within 0.01....and we run three karts one with a digitron and two mychrons.
This is just a guess....maybe your transponder id number was mixed up?
Regards,
Bob Preston
Bob Preston

lap times

Postby Bob Schabel » Thu May 14, 2009 1:10 pm

Was the Mychron beacon on the start finish line during practice or on the straight going into turn 7. If it was on the turn 7 straight before we put out the official beacon on the start finish line this would explain the difference. Bob
Bob Schabel
NTK Vice President

Postby Lori Stine » Thu May 14, 2009 3:35 pm

I have no idea where any beacon might have been. We didn't have one out there.

My concern is that something is afoot with our mychron or that we are just so green to the whole thing we are doing something wrong. But my stopwatch times seem to confirm the mychron, so that adds to my confusion.
Lori Stine
NTK Secretary

Return to General Karting