It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:40 pm

Text Size

Briggs and Stratton engines

Information & Questions about karting in general.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Briggs and Stratton engines

Postby Michael Johnson » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:44 pm

Hi Gang,

I have kept an eye on the Briggs and Straton line up of kart racing engines. The engine which has stood out the most to me is the LO206 engine and the World Formula Motor. However, I have seen at NTK a few of the Briggs Animal motors.

I have searched for information on these motors and the data I have found is spotty at best and is typically informal opinion, even on the briggs website. Does anyone have factual information they can post in regards to the performance output of these motor, cost, reliability, and how complete these engines are out of a box (do they require clutches, carbs, exhaust, etc?).

Thank you

Michael
Michael Johnson

Re: Briggs and Stratton engines

Postby Mike Engstrom » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:25 pm

They are pretty much an animal engine. But with an ignition system that only allows the engine to rev to 6100 rpm's. Cost is right at 475-500.00 Briggs also seals them, not sure to what extent yet. They are meant to be run as they come from factory. Clutch,pipe,mount,chain guard,air filter are not included from the factory. We will be adding the LO 206 here at KAM at the end of our points season, we will be testing the engine soon. We will be running them as they come from Briggs. My personal thought would be to make this the jr. class at NTK and the adults would run an animal. Just my $.02
Mike Engstrom

Return to General Karting