It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:34 pm

Text Size

Vote for a racer from the Mid West

Information & Questions about karting in general.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Vote for a racer from the Mid West

Postby David Munden » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:13 pm

Attention NTK Membership! One of our regional racers, Anthony Honeywell has been nominated for road race driver of the year by E-Karting News. Anthony’s driving record stands on its own, in 2009 alone he won 1 Duffy, 3 Triads, 2 Daytona World Championships, was the class Champion in 100 Open with KART and won 17 races between KART, IKF and WKA. I have raced wheel-to-wheel and bumper-to- bumper with this young man (on my good days) and in my opinion he is a class act both on and off the track.
I have gotten to know Anthony a little this year and for those of you who have not, I encourage you to take some time and introduce yourself. Anthony is very quiet never boastful he does his talking behind the wheel. I’ve seen him loan parts to a competitor, just so they could get out on the track and race. This year he stepped out of his kart at Lake Afton so a friend could race. Anthony has many accomplishments in his young life. Anthony joined the Air Force right out of High School in 1999. He was awarded Distinguished Graduate from Basic Training. While serving his country he earned the rank of Staff Sergeant performing his duties as in-flight air refueling operator on a KC-10. His military career took him around the world a few times including 76 flights over Afghanistan and 15 over Iraq. Those sorties earned him the Air Combat Medal (same medal fighter and bomber pilots earn).
After six years Anthony left the military with an Honorable Discharge. Two weeks after returning home Anthony was attending classes at The University of Oklahoma. He graduated with a Bachelors of Science in Accounting in December 2007. He is now attending Law School at The University of Oklahoma! Where was this kid when my two daughters were single?? Anthony started his racing career at twelve and sprint raced until entering the military. He returned to racing in 2007 and promptly won the Triad in 100 Open at the KART Nationals.
As you can see Anthony is very deserving of this title and it couldn’t hurt to have the road race driver of the year here in the Mid West, just to let the rest of the country know the talent pool of our young people. I have included a link to ekartingnews.com. If you will scroll to the bottom of the page, there are instructions on how to vote! Please join me in voting for Anthony.
http://www.ekartingnews.com/news_info.php?n=14333

Thank you
David Munden
David Munden

Return to General Karting