It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:26 pm

Text Size

Michael Johnson

Information & Questions about karting in general.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Michael Johnson

Postby Mike Jones » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:53 am

I personally, want to thank Michael Johnson for orchestrating the awesome race event last night at the track. His professionalism has brought the fun back into shifter kart competition. The race was an absolute BLAST for me. Additionally, I want thank each and every one of the gearbox drivers who attended the race. The "gentleman's agreement" shows real class in our drivers.
These are the type events which prepare drivers for National type races. Thanks again Michael for the classiest club race I've been to in a long time.
Mike Jones
www.dallaskartingcomplex.com
http://www.thekartshop.net
214-882-6823
Sales, Service, Driver Coaching

"Loving the smell of burnt castor for over 30 years"
Mike Jones

Re: Michael Johnson

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:22 am

I'd like to join you also in thanking Michael Johnson for coordinating NTK's 2nd Shifter Kart Super Prix.

Without his efforts we would not have had a 64 entry count at Summer 7. Because of the Shifter Kart Super Prix we had the largest entry count at a race so far this year!

It is not easy to rally and coordinate the drivers of the most expensive and elite class of our sport to travel and get together at one race - especially without the help of advertising it on our website. Why didn't NTK promote the event on the website? To anyone looking at our website they had no idea this event was planned or taking place at NTK. We need to do a better job of using our website to promote our special events to attract racers and spectators alike instead of just reporting race results and points. How about a race report on the website with photos of the champagne podium & include the group photo of all the shifter kart racers that was taken at awards? Let's let the world know we do have something going on at NTK even at regular club races! I read in meeting minutes that we are considering spending $500 a month on a marketing campaign. Why not use the resources we already have available to us to promote ourselves?

The club really benefited in race income from Michael's hard work.

The champagne podium was a nice touch too and helped turn a regular club race awards ceremony into a memorable event for the shifter kart racers!

"Thank You Michael!"
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
www.gaddywebdesign.com
972-462-8393
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Postby James Freeman » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:21 am

Awesome! 17 karts in one class, is a flashback to 10 years ago. That was the night to call all prospective members and invite them to the track.

Jim
James Freeman

Postby Arturo Marquez » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:09 am

August 21-2010 RACE
Congratulations to all the shifter Drivers
for me this was the best since i been here in Texas
with NTK, i hope it gets Better and Better
Well done Guys it was awesome!
AMV Quality Kart Stands (OWNER)

Azaly Marquez ROTAX SR #1
Arturo Marquez JR. 80cc Shifter JR. #11
http://www.marquezracing.com
Arturo Marquez

Postby Milton Rivera » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:38 pm

so far the best race ive ever been.It was a great event and I want to thank micheal for everything.I have on board video,video from the outside of the track,and video of the award ceremony.probably will post everything on you tube.Thanks for everything and am ready for the next one.
Milton Rivera

Postby James Freeman » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:51 am

Milton,

Videos are great advertising tools, it would be great to them posted on the NTK website. Not sure how to make it happen, but ask John Ray or Bob Schabel, either will know how to post these on the front page.

Thanks for your effort!

Jim
James Freeman

Postby Dorsey Perkins » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:17 pm

Most of the time we just post the youtube link in the forum. That seems to work.
Dorsey Perkins
NTK Member

Postby Lori Stine » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:51 pm

I've got the NTK Facebook page set up to accept appropriate fan videos and links, too, for anyone interested in posting there.
Lori Stine
NTK Secretary

Postby James Freeman » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:00 pm

All,

Youtube and Facebook both work well, but NTK's face in the cyber-medium is our website. My idea is add a new fresh video on our front page. Anyone new to NTK will be drawn to to a karting video on the front page. On the other hand those that surf several sites (maybe current members or visitors) will stop and watch the new video and maybe continue to other areas on the site looking for new stuff, maybe even decide to attend a race or work a corner.
The theory is basic advertising and is used by grocery stores to car dealers.

Jim
James Freeman

Postby Milton Rivera » Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:40 pm

I try to put them on youtube but said something about some errors and couldnt upload I will try tonight.They will be under kartracerpr.
Milton Rivera

Postby Milton Rivera » Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:09 pm

The onboard video of heat #2 is on youtube and the award ceremony too
Milton Rivera

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:30 am

Any video hosted on Youtube or any other video hosting website can be embeded on any page on the NTK website. The video on the Home page taken by Connor Iseli is actually hosted on Youtube, it is embedded on the NTK Home page but uses Youtube's bandwidth & resources.

I recommend posting new videos on the Home page for a while then retiring them to the Video Gallery I set up to keep content fresh, current & interesting which encourages return visitors and engages new site visitors.
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
www.gaddywebdesign.com
972-462-8393
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Postby Milton Rivera » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:54 pm

There are 3 more videos of the race on you tube so anybody can check them out.kartracerpr its the username
Milton Rivera

Postby James Freeman » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:01 pm

Milton,

Excellent work! I think these maybe the first videos of backwards racing at NTK. They genuinely encapsulate a race night at NTK and should be added to the club library.

Jim
James Freeman

Postby Dorsey Perkins » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:48 pm

Keeps getting bigger. The next one should be even better. 8)
Dorsey Perkins
NTK Member

Next

Return to General Karting