It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:44 pm

Text Size

1st night at NTK this weekend - couple of questions

Information & Questions about karting in general.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

1st night at NTK this weekend - couple of questions

Postby Matt Drottz » Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:49 pm

Hey all, I am planning to bring my chonda heavy kart out for the final money race on August 6th. Now i have raced karts in the past on dirt/pavement as well as stock cars for many years, so my questions are:

1) Will I be required to start at the back of my races, or can i time into position as normal?

2) I have asked this in the past and am aware if the CIK body rules, but The kart I think i will bringing (I have two) has a longer front bumber, so a standard CIK nose piece does not fit on it, can I make a similar noes piece out of ABS plastic? It would be of similar shape, height and length, it would just bend back further to fill in the distance between the bumper and front tires. The rest of the kart will be CIk approved.

Thanks, Matt
Matt Drottz

Re: 1st night at NTK this weekend - couple of questions

Postby Matt Drottz » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:01 pm

I forgot to add, I only have a 12 tooth driver, does anyone have a 15 tooth driver and matching gear I can run and return? I am not familar with these clutches, maybe i just need to replace the driver gear on the clutch? If so, i'd be willing to buy one if someone wants to sell one? Give me a call if you can help me out on the gearing 515-441-9335,

Thanks, Matt
Matt Drottz

Re: 1st night at NTK this weekend - couple of questions

Postby Bob Schabel » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:32 am

Matt, since this is a money race, you can start where you qualify. As for the front nose piece I'll have to see a picture of it to see if it will pass tech. bob schabel, NTK Vp, 972-221-2567
Bob Schabel
NTK Vice President

Return to General Karting