It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:11 am

Text Size

Interest in Yamaha Cadet Division at TLS Grand Prix

Information & questions about the NTK club organization and track.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Interest in Yamaha Cadet Division at TLS Grand Prix

Postby Eric Kinn » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:23 pm

The 2013 Texas Lone Star Grand Prix at Lockhart is scheduled for March 2 and 3rd. The current classes include TAG Cadet and Yamaha > 15 year olds. Know my little guy would be extremely excited to race the streets at Lockhart however there isn't a Yamaha less than 15 year old group. If enough kids and parents express an interest to attend in this class however a petition can be placed and another division added. Please respond and let me know your thoughts.

Looking for signatures,
Eric
Eric Kinn
NTK Member

Re: Interest in Yamaha Cadet Division at TLS Grand Prix

Postby Chris Cooper » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:56 am

Hi Eric,

Greg would be interested in racing the LSGP. Count us in. Hopefully, we'll be able to get enough for a class.

Chris
Chris Cooper
NTK Board Member

Postby Eric Kinn » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:58 pm

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the reply. The responses haven't been great and doubt there will be enough to get a separate event for their class. I am actually going to put in a rotax mini max motor into his kart so he can run with the other TAGs.

Eric
Eric Kinn
NTK Member

Postby Lori Stine » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:46 pm

Eric, I saw something posted somewhere (might've been on the LSGP Facebook page) that they would not have any other classes than what is listed and what ran last year at the LSGP. However, the Texas 2 Day/2 Way race at Texas MotorSpeedway in July would be open to possibly adding more classes if there is interest.

Also, Rotax Mini/Micro Max motors weren't allowed to run with us at last year's LSGP, so I'm guessing that will hold true this year as well. Under TAG USA rules, you can run Gazelle, Vortex Mini Rok, and a Mini Swift.

Take care,
Lori
Lori Stine
Hunter - Jr Shifter #671
Hadyn - Whatever Floats Her Boat Today
Lori Stine
NTK Secretary

Return to NTK Track Forum