It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:54 am

Text Size

workers

Information & questions about the NTK club organization and track.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

workers

Postby Jordon Musser » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:25 pm

I know im "new" to the club (7 years) but I had an idea for workers...

Volunteers still get to volunteer for points and $$ off their dues. Any remaing spots filled by paid workers. Obviously members get dibs on jobs, paid workers get the remainder.

IE, Chris owns a jimmy johns and has a handful (like 20+ ) kids that would kill to make $10/hr to wave a flag on sunday. I realize it's a little more of a logistical deal but wouldn't be THAT bad. Give them all radios and the race directory can assist with telling them when to throw a yellow, etc. A simple 20min training session would suffice)

The other thing I was thinking was rotating workers in. IE, you only work one round. If you don't show up for when you are supposed to work you give up your right to race for the rest of the evening. Obviously for somebody that just had a huge crash and was supposed to work could be skipped. Even this way people would only "have" to work once maybe twice at most a year, once you account for people that volunteer to work and get the points/money off membership.

Just some ideas..
Jordon Musser
NTK Member

Postby Mike Engstrom » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:21 pm

I am very worried on getting the workers needed on race day for my races coming up. I think the rotation of workers would probably work pretty well, that maybe something we have to do to get a race in.
Mike Engstrom

Worker

Postby James Freeman » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:25 pm

All,

Worker rotation will be tested this weekend. This has been employed by a number of organizations with great results. For sure there will be the naysayers, but it can and should work fine this weekend. I think everyone wants to race and Sundays weather is forecast to be great, temperature, in the mid 70's.

Jim
James Freeman

Return to NTK Track Forum