Moderator: Kevin Crowe
by Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:54 am
The Fall 1 Oct 17th race has been cancelled - see the schedule.
We are behind schedule because of the recent rain. The track is not paved yet. When the weather cooperates they will pave. We posted an update on 10/03 on the Home page. As soon as the track has been paved, cures & the after paving work has been completed the track will be ready. We will continue to post updates as the progress is made. Members & racers help will be needed for the post paving work to get the track ready for use.
by George Kraus » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:39 pm
- George Kraus
- NTK Newsletter
- Posts: 178
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:38 pm
- Location: Irving
by Bob Schabel » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:20 pm
- Bob Schabel
- NTK Vice President
- Posts: 240
- Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:46 pm
- Philip Meadows
by Bob Preston » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:58 pm
I apoligize that you have not gotten to use the track yet....please know that your fellow members are just as eager to get out there including those that have stepped up to help with the track refurbishing. I will bring your unique situation and request up at the Directors meeting tomorrow. If you like, you are welcome to attend the meeting yourself, it will be held at 7pm at the Fuddruckers in Grapevine near the Bass Pro shop (hwy 121 and Bass Pro drive.
A couple of things to remember though. Your membership is good through February and if we moved your start date to the months the track is open it may not be much different but every bit helps.
Please do not speak for all members as I for one have purchased my membership knowing the track would be out of service and I know that we can do little about weather delays. Believe me the first ride on new asphalt will make it worth the wait (until the new asphalt chews up a set of tires).
Hope to see you at the meeting!
- Bob Preston
- Posts: 113
- Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 7:11 am
- Location: Collierville, TN
by Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:02 pm
Maybe Keith Bartholomew can give us an idea.
by Keith Bartholomew » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:39 pm
The first portion of the work being base prep and curbing went very well. We dodged many bullets with mother nature. Now she has brought a challenge to us with all this rain. I don't want to hurry the project along now with the saturated soil. If we have several days of drying and it looks like we can pave myself along with the paving contractor want to make sure the base we prepared is dry enough to support the asphalt paving machine and trucks. If we get on the surface to soon that will break up and cause damage to the base.
I wish that we could have kept the schedule we started with and we were maybe a couple of days behind until the rain set in. But this last portion has been very trying. We all need to be patient and the weather will change. The contractor is as eager to finish as we are to get back to racing.
by Keith Bartholomew » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:03 pm
by Lori Richardson » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:48 pm
The pictures are from my phone, so they are a bit grainy, but they show some of the progress.
- 091104_114456.jpg (109.71 KiB) Viewed 1791 times
- 091104_114014.jpg (113.49 KiB) Viewed 1791 times
- 091104_113733.jpg (126.5 KiB) Viewed 1791 times
by Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:08 am
We just had a club meeting tonight. There is still a lot of work that needs to be done before the track can be used. Tires need to be put in place, grading needs to be done, back filling around the track, curbs painted, winter rye grass seeded (grass will need to grow also). There is no date yet that the track will be open for practice. Work dates will be scheduled to get all the work completed. The track will be opened after the work is completed & some grass grows & the track cures. I guess an opening date will be scheduled after the work gets completed. The next work day is scheduled for Nov 14th there may be one scheduled before that check the website for dates.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests