It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:15 pm

Text Size

website?

Information & questions about the NTK club organization and track.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

website?

Postby Mike Jones » Wed May 19, 2010 8:56 pm

WOW, what happened to the website? It appears to be the old "retro" site from some years back, any input?
Mike Jones
www.dallaskartingcomplex.com
http://www.thekartshop.net
214-882-6823
Sales, Service, Driver Coaching

"Loving the smell of burnt castor for over 30 years"
Mike Jones

Re: website?

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Wed May 19, 2010 9:24 pm

Mike,

I got a visit from John Ray this evening at our shop & was told I was fired as the webmaster. I asked why & he told me he couldn't remember any of the details from the closed door mtg the board had on Monday night but the board decided unanimously that it would be better to hire someone that is not related to the club to maintain the website.

I charged the club $100 a month to maintain it which would cover a couple of hours a month for maintenance. I spend about that much time every day on the NTK website. I put an inordinate amount of time into the website so it would be easy for me to maintain & I charged a very nominal monthly fee for that.

I didn't feel it would be fair to take the amount of work I put into the site & give it to someone else to maintain & make money from my efforts so I gave John Ray a cheque for $1,600 which was what the club paid me to design the website & returned the site to the original files.

I did my best to keep the site updated, attended all the meetings so I would know what was going on & wrote at least 95% of all the articles. When I was sent race results or notices to be posted I updated the website immediately. I still have not been informed of what the board is unhappy about as far as the website goes. John Ray said he would check his notes & the meeting minutes & let me know.

John Ray said they have hired someone from Austin to maintain the website. They have $1,600 they can give him but I don't know what kind of maintenance they will get for $100 a month.

I have spent the past hour trying to figure out the PHP code of the old site to update it with the Kali's Cure event details but am about to give up. The old site is very hard to maintain. Maybe Frank Clark the old webmaster would like to update it. He is more familiar with the old website code than I am.

I was very surprised at John Ray's visit this evening. I have had no complaints about the website from any members or the board. I wasn't given a reason why they were unhappy with the website just the explanation that they wanted someone to maintain it that is not connected to the club.

You will have to ask the board members for more details.
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
www.gaddywebdesign.com
972-462-8393
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Wed May 19, 2010 9:47 pm

I really enjoyed maintaining the NTK website & did the best job I knew how & had no idea the board was not happy with my work.

I still plan on working the Kali's Cure event Friday morning & racing in it too. As far as I know I am still a member just not the webmaster any more. :(
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
www.gaddywebdesign.com
972-462-8393
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Postby Brandt Lucido » Thu May 20, 2010 8:34 pm

What Happened!!! I thought Yanni-Mai has done a fantastic job,not only for NTK but other sites like the SWRC,plus the fact that she has and does put in countless hours to promote our sport of karting. I have nothing but good things to say about her and her efforts,we can't afford to loose people like her. should reconsider!!! My two cents B L :wink:
Brandt Lucido

Postby James Freeman » Fri May 21, 2010 10:25 am

Wait a minute; you or I am missing something. John Ray drives to your house to fire you, but cannot remember why? Did he not attend the meeting? Not even a memo, with one reason? And you refunded your payment for past work done on the site. Why? Why worry about preparing the site for the next guy? You have been fired.
Sorry for my tone, but this does not add up.

Jim
James Freeman

Return to NTK Track Forum