It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:48 am

Text Size

NTK Try-out...

Information & questions about the NTK club organization and track.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

NTK Try-out...

Postby Troy V Smith » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:38 pm

Hi folks - brand new to the forum and NTK, so bear with me. I am taking the trip up to NTK for the shifter kart race on the 24th. I'd also like to get on the track for the 23rd practice 9for obvious reasons). Never been up your way before, but sounds like this will be the date to attend. Still working on getting a few others up there from our way as well - we'll see. I will be running the stock CR125.

MJ has been absolutly terrific in his response to my inquiries - thanks a bunch! Is it possible to pre-regester for the event? Being the "new guy", I want to try and get as much accomplished prior to arrival - I hate to be the one "holding up the show" due to my ignorance.

My wife runs a TAG, but is in no way ready to race, but can she sign up for practice on the 23rd anyway just to get a little track time? She won't admit it - but she is hooked! The race on the 24th is counter clockwise? Watching some of your videos and trying to get a layout of the track - attempting homework. Electric is available in the pit runner - this is acquired during regestration?

Any input I can get from you folks as a club, would be greatly appreciated. Tips, tricks, procedures, reasonable lap times? Going to do my best to stay on the lead laps, but a heads up is always good. I will try and get on the same page before even getting there. Looking forward to it...thanks in advance.
Troy V Smith

Re: NTK Try-out...

Postby Mike Urbanski » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:51 pm

Troy I can answer a few of your questions.

If you go to the Racing Info tab and select online registration you can pre register. Not sure if you can do the electric at that time.

The race will be run counter clock wise. That is normal direction for us. You will have to create an account for Racelaps, for preregistration and that will give you access to all the times that people are running. So you can look through all the classes and times.

Others will be able to give you more info on practice and any tips.

I am looking forward to the 24th, this is going to be on heck of a race.

Glad to hear you are coming up. You will find everyone is very helpful at the track. Good luck and hope I answered some of your questions.

Mike
Mike Urbanski

Postby Lori Stine » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:51 pm

Troy,
The Gatehouse and Registration will be open on Saturday the 23rd as well as Sunday the 24th. Pre-registration on RaceLaps is wonderful, but if you have any questions, don't worry, we'll take care of you on Saturday.
See you then!
Lori Stine
Lori Stine
Hunter - Jr Shifter #671
Hadyn - Whatever Floats Her Boat Today
Lori Stine
NTK Secretary

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:03 pm

Troy,

Normally the track is only open to practice on non race days to members but we are opening it on Saturday 23rd to non members for $25. I believe the fee is per driver so your wife can pay to practice too. Electricity is $5 You can pay for Saturday practice & Sunday's race entry fee online along with electricity & driver & spectator passes.

You can pre-register online at http://www.racelaps.com

We look forward to meeting you, your wife & friends next weekend!
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
www.gaddywebdesign.com
972-462-8393
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Postby Troy V Smith » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:30 pm

Thanks to you all for the help. I have just regestered online, including race on Sunday, practice for both myself and wife on Saturday, electricity for both Sat and Sun, as well as fuel. Will fuel be available on Saturday at the track? I pre-regestered for the only shifter class I could find, which was "Senior Stock Moto", is this the appropriate class for the big event? If anyone from the club staff can get time, could you check over my preregestration to make sure I am not lacking somewhere? Again, thanks much...really looking forward to this event.
Troy V Smith

Return to NTK Track Forum