It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:30 am

Text Size

Race Day Questions

Information & questions about the NTK club organization and track.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Race Day Questions

Postby Doug Hills » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:20 pm

Hello,

I just moved to the DFW area and wanted to start racing here and I had a few questions I was hoping I could get some help with.

1) I see that a 6pm start time is listed for the race time on 8/10, is that what time racing starts or is that what time the gates open? If it is what time racing starts what time do they gates and regigistration open?

2) Do I have to use your gas?

3) Is there a spec tire for the shifter class?

Thank you for any help you can give me.
Doug Hills
NTK Member

Re: Race Day Questions

Postby John Ray » Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:31 pm

Doug, our track opens when a director gets there and opens the gate and locks in place. Prior to that members have gate card passes and can activate the gate at their will. The director for that night usually arrives about 2:30 or so.
We do sell race fuel, however you are not required to use it, but in a tech situation if you do not pass the meter you could be disqualified for the night. Not a big deal unless you are running for series points or end of year points.
We are a MG tire track, and here again you would be disqualified for not running the track tire. we allow any compound , but mostly use yellows.
Hope this info helps.
J RAY
John Ray
NTK President

Postby Doug Hills » Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:15 pm

Thank you
Doug Hills
NTK Member

Postby Doug Hills » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:36 am

Hi, I had another question. At the last race one of the other racers told me that there is practice on the night before the race, is this for members only or can anyone that is going to race come out and practice. I have submitted an application for membership, but haven’t heard anything back on it yet.

Thank you
Doug Hills
NTK Member

Postby Bob Schabel » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:24 pm

The Friday night practice is for members only. If you have submitted a membership application you are welcome to join us.
Bob Schabel
NTK Vice President

Return to NTK Track Forum