It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:45 pm

Text Size

MiniMax in 2008 !!!!! - Who is in?

Discussion forum for all Rotax classes.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

MiniMax in 2008 !!!!! - Who is in?

Postby Bradley Richardson » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:07 pm

Happy New Year All....

Minimax was great last year...but I know that many of the drivers have moved up to Juniors for 08... leaving a handfull of youngsters in MiniMax.

I wanted to get an idea of who all out there will be running MiniMax this year. Skylar #11 will be running it...but who else is planning on this class?
If so...who is in for the Outlaw AND is considering RMax Challenge?

I know that Jim Quigley and Miguel Lopez are still in this age group, and I thought were running it...(Let me know if you all are still in) but are there others in the area who are thinking of it or who are moving up?

I'd love to get an idea so
a.) we can get together with others to practice with and get the boys and Dads get know one another.
b.) so we can build the group up locally and plan to represent NTK elsewhere.

With so many MiniMaxers representing NTK at Nationals (AND we had the National Champ in Jake French) we need to make sure there is not a big drop in what looks like a rebuilding year, simply becuase of the number of kids.

Now that it is race season again and ...warmer weather around the corner, we are going to get back to a regular weekly practice schedule and would like to get together with others.

Keep us posted.. You can reach me below.

Bradley Richardson (Dad)
Skylar "SKY" Richardson #11 MiniMax
brichardson@kbic.com
Bradley Richardson

Postby Ken Quigley » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:00 pm

We (think) we will be racing a handful of the outlaw races (not sure yet). We will be racing the RMax challenge series don't know about club. The outlaw series is an open tire series and we haven't decided what we want to do there yet. I spoke with Rod Lopez before the season ended and he sounded like he was in for the RMax challenge races but wasn't sure about club. There were a couple of other rookies that came out towards the end of the season as well. It would be good to hear from their dad's on this one too.

Also, I am not sure if you had read about it yet but there is a new class called MicroMax which may or may not be an option for the younger drivers trying to segue into the Rotax engine package.

As far as other series at other tracks, we bought our trailer, haven't found a truck to haul it yet though. So even racing outside of Denton is still up in the air for us. Sorry I can't be more specific Bradley I will know more as time progresses. What I wouldn't give for a Jack Daniels Sponsorship...Muhahahaha!!!

FYI, the new weight limit for MiniMax is 265lbs. I think I am going to invest in a led extraction company... :) or a scuba shop.

Any way, I hope everyone had a great Christmas and a safe New Year. We will see you all at the track.
Ken Quigley

Mini Max

Postby Kevin Adds » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:00 pm

My son Nathan will be racing in Mini max again this year. We plan on doing club and RMax.
Kevin Adds
NTK Member

Postby Mark French » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:38 am

I saw the weight is now 265...Jake and I may have to consider coming back another year :-)
Mark French
vwrod1@hotmail.com
Mark French
NTK Member

Postby Bradley Richardson » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:22 am

:shock: Uh. Oh... "Get your backpack boy's we are about to get schooled."

Hey, too late. He announced his retirement from MiniMax....I thought you got rid of that kart? :wink:

I've been trying to fatten Skylar up over the holidays.

Hope all is well...I'll call you later and will see you out there this weekend.

BGR
Bradley Richardson

MiniMax '08

Postby Kelly Cook » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:35 pm

Brad,

I have one son, Kinsley, that will be participating in the Rotax MiniMax class this year, and my other son, Kaiden, will be in the Junior class. Being new to the sport this year, I am just learning about the different series and classes, so I can't really elaborate further about those we will be participating in this year (e.g. club, Rmax, etc) Any further clarification you can provide me (or point me to) would be appreciated.

Our goal is to use this year to get some seat time and the experience necessary to be competitive in each class.

Kelly C.
Kelly Cook

Postby Frank Clark » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:24 pm

Chris is in for Club and RMax

Am considering running Tag Cadet as well, may try running both in Outlaw 3.
Frank Clark

Michael Schneider should be in for Spring 1.

Postby Michael Schneider » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:19 pm

Mike is likely to run MiniMax when we are in town and in the challenge. Waiting on a new chassis to be built. Hopefully we'll be ready for Spring 1.

We will continue to campaign in Tag Cadet as well.

-Jeff.
Michael Schneider

Return to Rotax