It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:58 pm

Text Size

SKY RICHARDSON UPDATE.... Outlaw #2 Accident

Discussion forum for all Rotax classes.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

SKY RICHARDSON UPDATE.... Outlaw #2 Accident

Postby Bradley Richardson » Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:16 am

Hi all :

I wanted to thank everyone who helped out during the accident during Sundays MiniMax Final. When Skylar and Chris Clark got together coming out of turn 3, Skylars right hand got caught inside of the steering wheel as the wheels touched and cars collided, thus torquing his hand. He got it moving again and got the car on the front stretch before pulling over to the side.HUGE thank you to Ed Nagle, Mark French and the paramedic on the scene for keeping Sky calm.

We visited the orthopedic surgeon yesterday and confirmed that Skylar has a hairline fracture in his wrist. The good news....a.) the doc is a Huge race and F1 fan so he and Sky hit it off immediately and b.) He put Sky in a splint and said he is good to race again immediately.

I heard from Yanni Mai yesterday that thankfully Chris is also fine... and I finally got his contact info so I can check on his condition with his dad.

As racers you will find it interesting that there is a silver lining on this...and that is that as we were pullling out of the NTK gates to leave after the accident, Sky is in the back seat with ice on his wrist and he says very seriously, "Do you think I will be able to race again?". This being his first serious accident and he is only 9... I didn't know how he would respond, so I said, "Yes, you will be able to race again...do you want to or did it scare you?" He looks at me and quickly responds as if I'm a fool for even asking it..."OF COURSE I WANT TO RACE AGAIN...WHAT DO YOU THINK?" ...

Also...When he was explaining to Mom...a racing newbie, what happened...she was trying to determine cause, etc...(like a mom does) and Sky says to her..."Mom...it was just a racing thing. It happens."

Good kid..

Thanks all and we will see you out there in a couple of weeks.

Bradley Richardson
Bradley Richardson

Return to Rotax