It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:40 pm

Text Size

Race on Sunday 2/10?

Information & questions about the NTK club organization and track.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Race on Sunday 2/10?

Postby Roger Ratliff » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:32 am

I am new to the forum and NTK website. I am a little confused, It looks like you guys are having a Polar Bear race on 2/10 according to the schedule but can't find anything else about it. Can someone confirm this.

I have been a long member of the TQRA racing quads (motocross) for the last 8-9 years and have recently retired and am looking for a new hobby to eat up my time and money!

I have a real interest in karting and would like to come out and talk to some people at the track and see if it is something I would really like.

Thanks
Roger Ratliff

Postby Lori Richardson » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:53 am

Roger,
Welcome to our forum.
Yes, we have a race on Sunday. It is the 3rd of 4 races in our Jan-Feb Outlaw series.
Things will start getting busy at the track around 10:30, qualifying starts at 1, and racing will start as soon as they finish qualifying. Racing will probably go until about 5, but it is hard to tell for sure until we know how many entries there are.

You can get a spectator pit pass for $8. That will allow you to go up and down the pit are, talk to people, and observe the race.
Most of our racers will be very happy to answer questions you have, so you stop and ask someone if you have questions.

When you get to the track, you will stop at a registration booth. Tell them you are new here, and they can get you headed the right direction.

I hope you can make it out this weekend. It's a great sport and good club to be a part of.

Lori
Lori Richardson

Postby Roger Ratliff » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:52 pm

Thanks Lori,

My son and I are planning to attend on Sunday. I know most every organization has there leaders of knowledge and direction anyone come to mind.
I would like to have a contact point or two to hit instead of just aimlessly wondering.
Also I know from years of racing quads sometime on raceday things can get quite busy or people can get tunnel vision on task at hand; Do you guys have like a Saturday practice and maybe that would be a more relaxed time to do some karting investigation?

Thanks
Roger Ratliff

Sunday

Postby Lori Richardson » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:43 pm

Roger,
We have mentors for each class that can be good sources of information. In Yamaha Heavy, for example, George Kraus is the mentor.
That said, most racers can answer the general questions and point out the other "experts" in the class for more specific information.
Stop by the registration booth and introduce yourself. We'll point you to someone that is good to visit with to learn more that day.

See you Sunday.
Lori
Lori Richardson

Postby George Kraus » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:01 pm

Hi Roger,
I'm George Kraus and will be the Grid Steward on Sunday. Thats the guy holding up everyone in the pits before going on to the track. Stop by and give me a shout and I will try to help you out.
Drive Fast !
George Kraus
Doctor say that I can go drive, check the bloodpressure and LET'S SEE.

Whoot!!!!!!!!!
George Kraus
NTK Newsletter

Postby Roger Ratliff » Sun Feb 10, 2008 1:39 pm

Thanks George. But the Bug got me on Friday night and I'm still trying to recover. I'll try again in a couple of weeks at the next race.
Roger Ratliff

Return to NTK Track Forum