It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:48 am

Text Size

Getting back into Karts

Information & questions about the NTK club organization and track.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Getting back into Karts

Postby Craig Blackwood » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:23 pm

I have been out of karts for 15 years and want to race at NTK in 2008. I don't know much about the class structure. I want to race in a competitive class but don't no which way to go. Looking at the race results from last year there does not seem to be very many shifters. Thinking about Tag Senior? Any sugestions?
Craig Blackwood

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:13 pm

Craig,

The Yamaha Heavy class made a big come back this year & is now very popular at NTK.

Also the Rotax class is very popular. If you have a Rotax motor you can race in TAG or Rotax.

Some of the older members race in the Masters class (for older or heavier senior drivers). There are more Rotax Masters than Tag Masters. TAG Masters only had 2 entries in 2007 Rotax Masters had 97 entries.

The Yamaha Heavy class has both young (16 & up) & older & heavier drivers all in the same class.

The regular club races are over for the season but we are about to start our Winter Outlaw series. See the Outlaw Series Poster for the schedule. Come on out to the track to visit & talk to some of the racers in the different classes. Maybe you will be able to find out which class will fit you best after you come out & talk to them.

Yaani-Mai Gaddy
972-462-8393
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Postby Michael Lindsey » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:03 am

I hope to bring the Tagmasters class up all over the region this year. I know there are alot of over 35 drivers out there that need a class to drive in and be competitive. This is it. If you plan on running regional races, a leopard is the way to go.
Michael Lindsey

Return to NTK Track Forum