It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:54 pm

Text Size

Rotax Masters Rule Change

Discussion forum for all Rotax classes.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Rotax Masters Rule Change

Postby Greg Clarke » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:15 pm

I was looking through the new rule book and was shocked to learn that the Rotax Masters class is now required to run with the Rotax International class (unless there are more than 16 racers).

It amazes me that this rule would have passed considering all the issues we had earlier this past year running with the TAG class. I know that I was unable to attend the rules meeting this year so I didn't get a say in this rule change, but I was wondering if any other Rotax Masters drivers attended, or what your thoughts are on this rule change?
Greg Clarke
Rotax Masters #63
Greg Clarke

Rules change

Postby Greg Masterman » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:10 pm

Greg,

I thought we wouls start behind the international guys as they are somewhat faster. I suppose a crash or some other slow dow might allow us to get close or them to catch us, but it seems ok considering the long race nights we have. Being new I might have missed some issues, I was not at the meeting but I believe a couple ROTAX old guys did go.

Are you racing Spring 1?
Greg

Why Race to Your Next Oil Change?
AMSOIL Independent Dealer http://www.TruLube.com
Lubricants for DIESEL/GAS/Powersports/Lawn and Garden
Greg Masterman

Fat masters

Postby James Freeman » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:52 pm

Greg,

I too think this will work. There maybe some guys that get lapped but that
can happen in any race. When the Rotax class started we had a designated
weight of 429lbs for our Masters class. All karts were intermixed as we drew numbers to determine starting positions. At the 2003 or 2004 rules meeting,
we aligned with the RMax challenge rules, adopted the 405lbs weight and separated classes. Can a conflict between classes occur? Sure. But the
exhilaration of a large field should outweigh any of the short comings of combining classes.

Jim
James Freeman

Postby Greg Clarke » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:35 pm

I hope you guys are right. I had meant to be out racing at Spring 1, but I came down with a stomach bug or food poisoning, either way, I wound up spending 4 days in bed. While that might sound fun under the right circumstance, this wasn't it.

I hope to see you guys out at the track soon.

Greg
Greg Clarke
Rotax Masters #63
Greg Clarke

New Rule

Postby Greg Masterman » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:42 pm

Greg,

I hope your feeling better. We ran Spring one with qualifying as usual. I would like to try the other now and then and seehow it goes. Either way I'm looking foward to having you race again.

I've tried out the Yamaha and really like that as well. Running two classes is a job though.

Greg
Greg

Why Race to Your Next Oil Change?
AMSOIL Independent Dealer http://www.TruLube.com
Lubricants for DIESEL/GAS/Powersports/Lawn and Garden
Greg Masterman

Return to Rotax