It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:13 pm

Text Size

stock moto rules

Discussion forum for shifters.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

stock moto rules

Postby Jordon Musser » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:35 pm

I found the S3 rules, but am having trouble finding the 2008 rules for IKF stock moto.. I believe this is what SWRC(and SWRA?) is running. anybody got a link to PDF?
Jordon Musser
NTK Member

SWRA and SWRC rules

Postby Brandt Lucido » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:10 pm

Jordon i think you'l find that Swra (IKF ) rules will state that you have to run a 99 stock Honda Cylinder,with a stock piston and ring,stock 99 reed cage,6 pedal ,stock ignition ,pump around carb for either the PWK or PWM, all gaskets to stock specs,and they only let you run the one pipe RLV 6800. They allowed us to use MG Yellows . SWRC (WKA) rules pretty much the same but last yr they required us to run an air box,and you had a choice of three pipes,RLV6800 ,RCE T3 or Hi Tech125. And of course we had to run Bridgestone "c"s 1 set per weekend.,they have yet to post the rules on the new web site for 08. The only flexability is in Skusa as you have read. What we need to determine is what rules we want to run at NTK??? I know they have been using Kart as a guidline and in Kart"s rule it specificly says SEE SKUSA RULES!!!! I presented this to Bob Shable Last year when we fist got going to no avail. Any more inf you might ask Sefcik .I have the Rules and Tech manuals for all of these organizations if you want to see them.B Lucido
Brandt Lucido

Postby Jordon Musser » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:33 pm

Yea, my motor is setup by S3 rules (for RIGPand SUperNats).. but I want to make sure I can just "bolt on" anything I need to run IKF(and KART). Right now I just need to put a R2 pipe on and put my 6 peddle cage back in. Sounds like I need an airbox tho for KART? This should be posted in PDF form on the internet like SKUSA

would rather just run Suksa rule @ KART too.. more time to prep for S-nats and RIGP!
Jordon Musser
NTK Member

Swra & SWRC

Postby Brandt Lucido » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:55 pm

Jordon, make sure you run a stock honda ring,not a filed down Wisco and that your base gsket and deck height at the head are all good ,that's what they will be looking for,and of course the reed cage ,you should be fine. Brandt.
Brandt Lucido

stock moto rules at NTK2008

Postby Brandt Lucido » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:29 pm

I just happen to see the 2008 rules posted for NTK ,and under S5 the jr stock moto they have enforced Skusa's rules except for bridgestone tires. Ok 'but under stock 125 moto they should have allowed us the same Skusa "S3" ruling ,but instead they limit us to a 99 cylinder and ignition,why would they allow jr's to run a 99-02 cyl,as in Skusa and us only a 99 cyl. Some one need to change this ,if we are going to run Skusa rules,then keep it across the board!!! I have been trying for over a year to get the powers that be to allow us to run Skusa rules!!!Brandt Lucido
Brandt Lucido

Moto Rules

Postby James Freeman » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:59 pm

Brandt,

The reason the S5 rules are aligned with SKUSA is simple; Paul Tartaglia copied them, presented them at the rules meeting, we approved the SKUSA rules as written and adopted them into the NTK rule book.

I do not see anyone challenging you if you follow SKUSA's S3 rules. Especially, if all of you follow the same rules. Tires are the only difference,
"stones" are required for points. Sorry.

Oh, where were you guys yesterday? We had only one shifter.

Jim
James Freeman

Postby Brandt Lucido » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:27 am

Jim, thanks for the reply,only thing is we should adopt the S3 rules just like the JR S5 ,it should state it I believe,I commend Paul for getting the S5 rule at least passed through the rules committie,I have felt we should have done this with our S3 class 1 year ago when i gave Bob a book with all the rules coppied. I guess I will have to re join the club and put it up for a rules change!!! Seems pretty cut and dried but some things will never change. The problem i see is that if some one shows up with an 01 or 02 cylinder in stock 125 class ,which is legal in Skusa,and a guy that is running a 99 cylinder gets beat by him ,he then would be able to protest the 01/02 cyl guy because NTK says different. Brandt
oh by the way we're getting out motor rebuilt at this time that is why we wern't there!!!
Brandt Lucido

Postby Brad Johnson » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:57 pm

SWRC rules are posted on the new page. They chose to follow SKUSA S3 '06-'07 rules, except for tires.
Brad Johnson

Stock moto rules

Postby Brandt Lucido » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:15 am

ok thanks Brad,I guess i need to find the NEW page. Brandt.
Brandt Lucido

Postby Brad Johnson » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:24 pm

Sorry forgot the link, http://www.southwestregionalcup.com.
Brad Johnson

NTK Stock 125 Rules fo 08

Postby Brandt Lucido » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:07 am

Brad,i guess mabey you miss understood me,I am talking about NTK'S rules for the stock 125 shifter class. I see that SWRC has conformed to SKUSA rules except for the tires but NTK's rules seem to conflit,Paul was smart enough to get the S5 JR rule posted but for the S3 class it is not specific just talks about 125 stock moto runninng a 99 cyl and ign. I have contacted Yanni-Mai to see if she can get the same rule posted for S3 as S5 at the next rules meeting??? I'll keep trying. Brandt
Brandt Lucido

Postby Brad Johnson » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:17 am

Brandt, I was just replying in general to the thread for anybody that might read it. Jordon mentioned in his first post he thought maybe SWRC was using IKF rules so I thought he might want to know as well.

Brad
Brad Johnson

Return to Shifter Karts