It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:34 am

Text Size

John Denman

Discussion forum for shifters.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

John Denman

Postby Jordon Musser » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:07 am

Mr. stock moto.. Where are you? now we actually have a good class where is you and/or your son!??! even RIGP has a stock moto class now!
Jordon Musser
NTK Member

Postby John Denman » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:13 am

Yes I'm still here in Texas at least once in a while. The last two years has been pretty busy as I sepnd about 50% of the time on the road. You never know who you'll run into;

A few months ago I was onboard a flight with Vic Mauk at the stick. The same trip I had to find a weld shop in Phoenix to do some rush work - as I arrived there was something familiar - a handful of shifters - a group of guys I met years eariler when we ran Firebird.

A couple times a year I have dinner with Roger Ruthhart while in the Quad Cities .

On a flight to Frankfurt I sat across from Jonathon Thonan. I would never have know but he asked about the Kartweb shirt I was wearing. We had a great conversation about karting & racing in general. And yes, he knows your name - even thinks you're probably the best the US has to offer.

When I first joined Terex a few years ago I had a temporary office in Tulas. BTW, the old test track for our Unit Rig trucks in Tulsa borders the Tulsa kart track. After lunch while filing the RX8 who do I spot pulling in? Rodney towing the Champion Rig.

I'm finally getting some of my life back. I was brought on to complete development of Electric Wheelmotors. Normally a product would be developed before tha sale was made. Now that we've got things going I am considering a possible return.

Derek is working full time as a Circuit Board Designer and taking 12 hours - shifted his major to EE. He has no life for another year, but we're contemplating a few possible rentals this year.

I'll make it a point to come out a few times this year. I would be there right now if it weren't for the weather.

Hope all is well for everyone.
John Denman

Postby Jordon Musser » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:58 pm

Glad to hear your alive and kickin!
Jordon Musser
NTK Member

Return to Shifter Karts