It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:35 pm

Text Size

Micro Max Class for 2009

Information & Questions about karting in general.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Micro Max Class for 2009

Postby Arturo Marquez » Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:09 am

I am interested to get my Son Arturo Marquez JR on The Micro max Class for 2009
this Class is for 7 year old to 11 year old kids
i would like to know if any body is interested to run this Class next year
Thanks!
Last edited by Arturo Marquez on Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arturo Marquez

Postby Frank Clark » Mon Sep 29, 2008 1:51 pm

I think this class is going to have a tough go of it with a $3200 motor package. I love the mini-max class and am pro-rotax, but you won't get many first time karters willing to spend that kind of cash to try out karting for their 7 year old.

And considering you need new radiator and pipe to move from micro to mini it's going to be in the $800 range to move up.

With the cadets already split between three classes, a fourth is going to have a hard time getting any real numbers behind it.

Personally, I'd like to see us run ALL of the cadets together mixed by time. Score them as individual classes, but let them race together. It would be MUCH better for the kids (higher FUN FACTOR) because pretty much everyone would have someone to race - even if technically the kid they are racing with is in another class. I have no doubt that on a good day, Joe Taylor in his Yamaha can give Chris and his Mini-Max a heck of a race.

If we ran all of the cadets together, you could run one of your kids in a Micro and there would be someone to race - it might be the slower Yamahas, but a race is a race! But I don't see getting enough Micros to qualify for end of year awards.

From the micros we've run with, I expect they'd be turning 44's typically at Denton, though 42's on a good day with a good driver would not be out of the question. That's just a best guess on my part.
Frank Clark (Dad)
Chris Clark (#8 Mini-Max)
Frank Clark

Postby Arturo Marquez » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:34 pm

Thanks , that is a very good point of you!
The reason i want the Michro max class is because my boy is only 6 year old, he won't be able to run the mini max class in 2009
Arturo Marquez

Postby Frank Clark » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:58 pm

I beleive one 7 year old is currently running (with board approval I think plus TaG Cadet experience). But, it's a BIG step from Kid Kart to Mini-Max. I would not suggest it for any kid!

I think the Kid Karters need a year in Yamaha or Tag-Cadet before making the move. The Mini Max weight (265lbs) is a lot for a typical 7-8 year old to handle as well. Keep in mind the kids running up front in Mini-Max can hold their own with half of the Rotax Masters and Rotax Internationals.

But, I realize you were not suggesting that. I'm back to... we should run all of the Cadets together. Then you can run the Micro and when he's ready you can move him to Mini-Max.
Frank Clark (Dad)
Chris Clark (#8 Mini-Max)
Frank Clark

Return to General Karting