It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:23 am

Text Size

ROTAX Club racing rules

Discussion forum for all Rotax classes.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

ROTAX Club racing rules

Postby Greg Masterman » Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:56 am

I am trying to get feedback to help reduce the overall costs of karting esp at the club level. For ROTAX club racing at NTK I would like to propose;
1) fuel filters-open
2) fuel-open, can be checked if non commercial fuel suspected at race directer's discretion
3) Tires-Club spec, one full set per race season. Tires are marked first race and checked each race that season. Practice on any tire.
4) Spark plugs-open
5) All actual senior racers work one race each season to recieve race points, no substitutions for race points.
6) Greg wins one race each season...

Any way, there may be some issues about some open items, please let me know. This is food for thought. Item 6 stays.
Greg

Why Race to Your Next Oil Change?
AMSOIL Independent Dealer http://www.TruLube.com
Lubricants for DIESEL/GAS/Powersports/Lawn and Garden
Greg Masterman

Postby Mike Jones » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:33 pm

Greg,
Here's your easy fix.........
Enter TAG
Mike Jones

ROTAX Club racing rules

Postby Greg Masterman » Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:02 pm

Actually Mike, not a bad idea for me. But, the point was how to make any club racing class more affordable for those who presently race or whom may like to but are afraid of the ongoing costs. I used ROTAX as an example, but ideas for all classes should be explored. TAG at NTK may be the best way for a Rotax driver to keep some costs lower. But does a cheaper spark plug really matter at a club level? Maybe, you guys are the experts.
I'm liken the tag idea...I'll let you know for the spring series.

Item six still applies though...
Greg

Greg Masterman

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:12 pm

1) How much is a fuel filter? I don't think it costs much & we never changed ours very often at all, didn't need to so the fuel filter was never a cost issue for us.
2)We used pump gas, can't get any cheaper than that.
3)We hardly ever bought new tyres so this wasn't an issue either. You don't have to buy new tyres all the time.
4)OK the spark plugs are expensive but we hardly ever changed those either so it wasn't a cost factor.
5)Won't make it cheaper
6) Try race fuel, a new fuel filter, new tyres for every race, new spark plug for every heat if that doesn't work doing #5 will ensure you get first place points at least once every series. :D
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Postby Mike Jones » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:57 am

Greg,
Yanni is totally correct, the items you mentioned aren't really going to save money other than the tires. If the club would vote in for MG tires for the club tire, then that would solve your issue. MG's last considerbly longer and perform excellent all the way to the cords. Just wait a bit, looks like Obama's going to be the new ring leader, then he'll be redistributing everybody's money and then maybe all of us can go racing.
Vote Republican!
Mike Jones

ROTAX Club racing rules

Postby Greg Masterman » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:00 am

Yaani-Mai,

Overall, ROTAX has tried to level the playing field, I'm trying to get inputs from racers where performance gains are not an issue but costs per race could be reduced and have the same level playing field. Item 6 must remain as I want the Blue Ribbon, not just points. The mighty Ribbon rules!
Greg

Greg Masterman

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:22 am

Mike,
I came a long way to get away from socialized medicine & the sub par National Health Service and a dole system that takes away from the people that work & redistributes it the people that won't. Those things cost a LOT of money. Listen to Mike & vote Republican or your taxes will go way up!

Greg,
We did change the Rotax rules to allow after market batteries & clutch pins. The Rotax batteries were very expensive and if you couldn't use after market clutch pins to repair a clutch the Rotax clutch was also very expensive. Make a list of your proposed rule changes - the deadline is Dec. 15th.
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Postby DJ Ortiz » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:30 pm

Vote republican Mike Jones for PRESIDENT. :lol:
DJ Ortiz
DJ Ortiz
NTK Board Member

Postby Frank Clark » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:09 am

Problem with 1 set of tires is the racer who does not run all the races or gets more than 5 races from a set. If you get 8 races from a set of tires, then you would be out of sync with changing tires for the first race of the series. Like wise of you miss 2 races one series then you would be in the same boat.

I beleive the MGs don't fall off as much as Bridgestones. So, I am hoping that those who wear their tires out are not at much of an advantage compared to those willing tu buy a new set each race. Thankfully, we've not had one of those racers in mini-max this year.
Frank Clark (Dad)
Chris Clark (#8 Mini-Max)
Frank Clark

Return to Rotax