It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:00 am

Text Size

Local NTK boys win big at Super Nats.

Information & Questions about karting in general.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Local NTK boys win big at Super Nats.

Postby Brandt Lucido » Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:32 pm

If you haven't read EKarting news NTK drivers win big at Vegas in the Skusa super Nats. Chris Jennings 1st, Mike Jones 2nd in S4,Collin Lynn 1st in G1,Devin Mauk 1st in S5. WOW !!!!! Nick Lucido qualified 5th , out qualifing Nasscar's Jammie McMurray and the famous Memo Giddley in S3 but got taken out in the main,Jake French had a huge lead in the main but looped it,sorry for that but you'll getem next year. Alex Tartaglia and Markus Payne finished well in their classes . Clint Korte,and Jordon Musser fought tough battles but attended the biggest National in History ! Congragulations to all you guys ,your all winners! Hope I didn't forget anybody,there was only 425 drivers? Brandt Lucido
Brandt Lucido

Postby James Freeman » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:33 pm

I think everyone deserves pat on the back. Great job, to all!!

Jim
James Freeman

Postby Mike Engstrom » Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:20 pm

Congradulations!! Alot of time,effort,and MONEY go into racing an event like that. Texas racers did an awesome job
Mike Engstrom

Thanks

Postby Vic Mauk » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:04 pm

:D Devin and I just want to thank everyone who made this possible: John Sefcik/SRS Engines was invaluable and fantastic, and, as he has always done, provided us with a great (and legal) motor; Brian Thomas and his son Tyler, old competitors from our Jr. 1 days who invited us to join them on the TopKart team; Brian's tuner, Mike, who has more knowledge about tuning karts than I could ever imagine; the guys in the Kartel tent at Las Vegas who were always there if we had a question; Bell Helments for protecting Devin's head, and supporting us the last 2 years; and last but not least Jenifer, who let us head out there and race on her vacation week.
I also want to thank my fellow NTK racers who have helped us, by advice and guidance sometimes, and by providing us competition and pushing us to get faster at other times. A special mention here to Mark and Jake French, who we were chasing all weekend, for the clean racing and target for us to aim for in both speed and preparation. We were running second to Jake all weekend (a close second though), and to be honest our best shot had to be an error on their part :cry: . The boys raced hard and clean all weekend. And while we are elated with the win, that elation is tempered with our wish that we could have raced Jake to the end, and understand your disappointment. Again, nice job Jake and Mark.
My last thank you is to Devin. He drove smart and in control all weekend, never hitting the barriers or other karts, and never bent a thing on the kart. That allowed me to work on tuning and adjustments, rather than repair. The kart came home in better shape and appearance (other than the engine being in pieces in a box after post-tech) than when it left, and that was all possible because Devin drove smart, read the track conditions as they changed, and knew when and when not to push and risk his equipment. Yeah, I know I am biased and his biggest fan, but he just did a great job and kept his poise all weekend.
Devin Mauk #16
2008 S.K.U.S.A. S5 National Champion
Skip Barber 3-Day Racing & 2-Day Advanced Graduate
NTK Class Champion 2003 - 2007
5 Time K.A.R.T. National Champion
2004 & 2007 K.A.R.T. Regional Champion
Vic Mauk

Super Nats

Postby Greg Masterman » Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:48 am

Vick,

I'm hoping some picture got taken!

Congradulations to you and Devin
Greg

Why Race to Your Next Oil Change?
AMSOIL Independent Dealer http://www.TruLube.com
Lubricants for DIESEL/GAS/Powersports/Lawn and Garden
Greg Masterman

Postby Mark French » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:25 pm

wanted to send out a huge THANK YOU to Tom and Patty Kutscher, The National Guard, Oakley and the entire SKUSA team for putting on a truly AWESOME event! WOW……followed by more WOW’S!!!!!

A big thanks also to John Sefcik at SRS engines for an exemplary motor and to 3G Racing along with Intrepid for a fast kart. Most of all, thanks to my oh-so-loving and beautiful wife and our children for putting up with all the long nights and all the weekend spent at the track.

A heart-felt thanks to our long time competitors, Vic and Devin Mauk. They provided clean racing and great competition all week long. Devin is a true racer and a gracious winner, the kind words he spoke from the podium were evidence of quite a remarkable young man.

Great Job to Colin Lynn, Chris Jennings, Mike Jones, Nick Lacido and all the NTK bunch. What do all these guys have in common? NORTH TEXAS KARTERS! If you want to know how you size up on the track then come race in Texas! We grow ‘em fast down here.

We look forward to 2009 and racing at the Super Nationals again!
Mark French
vwrod1@hotmail.com
Mark French
NTK Member

Return to General Karting