It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:48 pm

Text Size

Mini-Max @ Road Race Nationals

Discussion forum for all Rotax classes.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Mini-Max @ Road Race Nationals

Postby Frank Clark » Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:11 pm

Acording to Hank over at SWRA, Mini-Max is in, but probably not TaG Cadet.

Just over half way down on this page.

Of course the other Rotax classes are in.

There is a lot of talk about having to have 3 Road Races under your belt to run nationals. For MINI-MAX Only... Keep in mind that SWRA has been running 2 Mini-Max races at each race weekend (One Saturday and One Sunday). If they stick to that there are 4 Mini-Max races available between now and nationals.

I know of 4-5 Mini-Max drivers that currently qualify (Beck, Nathan, Michael, Chris and possibly Kinsley?).

For Mini-Max, the road races has been the most exciting and the most fun of all the racing we have done. Nothing like 15-20 lead changes over the course of 8 laps! With the road-race spec gearing these guys are limited to 68mph so speeds are not out of hand.

Anyone else interested needs to visit swra.org for the 2009 schedule...
Frank Clark (Dad)
Chris Clark (#8 Mini-Max)
Frank Clark

Check what qualifies

Postby Tim Glasson » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:41 pm

I also spoke with Jim McMillan on this, not positive, but I believe each race weekend only counts as 1 towards your three races, not two as that is why they had the play day this past weekend to give everyone a chance to get 3. I believe if you did not have races prior and missed this weekend, you are going to have to travel to get your three races. Might want to verify before the time gets near. Cole will be participating in this race as well in Mini Max
Tim Glasson
Tim Glasson

Postby John Flores » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:36 pm

I think you are correct Tim. I have been in contact with Jim and each weekend only counts as one race. So there are only 2 local races left before the Nationals, this is exactly why they had the play day this last weekend to get that 3rd race/signature.

John
John Flores

Re: Check what qualifies

Postby Frank Clark » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:47 pm

Tim Glasson wrote:Cole will be participating in this race as well in Mini Max

I thought Cole did not make the RMax age requirement (which is back to 9 in 2009). Is that correct?

The actual press release saying this would be the case is:

http://www.rmaxchallenge.com/page.cfm?content=4&display=306

and says:

"2008 age requirements for USRMC classes:
Mini Max Participant must be have reached 8th birthday before competing in a local RMC event. (Beginning in 2009 this minimum age will be 9) To compete in 2008 CCRKC Grand Nationals 9th birthday must be prior to Sept 1, 2008 (DOB prior to 9-2-1999). 13th birth date must be November 1, 2008 or after. Drivers whose 13th birthday is between Nov 1 and Dec 31 2008 are eligible to compete in Mini Max for the entire 2008 season."

I haven't seen an official rule yet, so it is possible this won't make it into the rules.
Frank Clark (Dad)
Chris Clark (#8 Mini-Max)
Frank Clark

RMAX Age Requirement

Postby Tim Glasson » Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:51 am

The RMAX Age requirements have not changed in 2009. That has been confirmed through several RMAX officals. If anyone has any questions please refer to the RMAX site or call Marshall Martin directly. So to answer the question above, yes Cole meets all age requirements and will be running the Mini Max class locally, regionally, and nationally.
Tim Glasson
Tim Glasson

Return to Rotax