It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:28 am

Text Size

Closest Kart Shop to Mansfield

Information & Questions about karting in general.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Closest Kart Shop to Mansfield

Postby Richard Buxman » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:03 pm

Hello all,

I just moved here from Colorado and am in need of a shop for things. I will be running the Rotax program as well as Leopard and possibly some ICC stuff.

Is there a shop close to Mansfield or Arlington that deals with Rotax and Leopard? I know how it is to forget one small part and don't want to drive an hour each way if possible.

Also, is anyone racing the last two Florida Winter Tours from here? I had to miss the first one due to moving but need a few things brought to the last 2. Just going to race the Rotax weekends so if you are going and want hep with fuel and have room in your trailer that would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Richie Buxman
RBI Racing
www.firstkart.com
Richard Buxman

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:07 am

Welcome to Texas Richard,

The closest kart shop that is also an authorized Rotax service center is KAM Karting in Rhome www.kamkarting.com. We also have Precision Karting in Dallas www.precisionkarting.com

The winter series races at NTK have several kart shops attending that will have spare parts.

KAM Karting www.kamkarting.com
Kart Nation (travels up from Houston) www.kartnationatmsr.com
Kart Racing Solutions www.kartracingsolutions.com
SRS Engines www.srsengines.com
3G Karting www.3gkartracing.com
The Kart Shop www.thekartshop.net

The closest shops traveling to FWT are
Kart Nation out of Houston www.kartnationatmsr.com
Charlie Swayne out of Iron Rock Raceway in Austin www.ironrockraceway.com (they are relocating their track but are attending the FWT series)
Rodney Berryhill from Norman www.oklahomamotorsportscomplex.com

All the above websites have contact info on them.
Last edited by Yaani-Mai Gaddy on Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Postby Bob Preston » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:33 am

Hi Richie,
Welcome to the area! If you check out our list of sponsors you will see Kam, 3G & SRS . Kam Karting is a full service shop & authorized Rotax service center (40 miles). 3G is full service as well (near houston although I think they may have a rep in the area?). SRS an engine builder (40 miles). Both Kam & SRS are regularly at the track although their shops are a bit of a drive from you.
There is also a shop in northwest Dallas, Precision Karting, that should be the closest to you although I don't know much about 'em. They are on our links page.
Hope to see you at the track.
Regards,
BP
Bob Preston

Postby Richard Buxman » Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:15 pm

Thank you very much for your help. I am going to check out the dirt race tonight and the shop at kam. Never done or seen before but heard it is a blast.

Should have my karts unloaded and ready by wednesday or thursday. Hopefully I can catch a race before the FWT #2.

See you at the track.

Richie Buxman
RBI Racing
www.firstkart.com
Richard Buxman

Postby Mike Engstrom » Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:31 pm

If you made it out last night Richard, I obviously didn't get to meet you. Sorry about that, race night is very busy for our whole crew. I hope you enjoyed the program if you made. Give me a call again, and we'll get you hooked up at NTK. Thanks Mike
Mike Engstrom

Postby Richard Buxman » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:06 pm

I did make it out for a few hours. i completely understand and will plan another night to come out as well. I will more than likely be at the sprint track this weekend and hope to see you there.

Richie

Ps. About your race the other night. Very cool racing but burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...
Richard Buxman

Return to General Karting