It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:59 am

Text Size

Track tear out

Information & questions about the NTK club organization and track.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Track tear out

Postby Mark French » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:16 pm

Has it really started? Does anyone have pictures??
Thanks to everyone that helped move tires last Sunday..I had fun :-)
Mark French
vwrod1@hotmail.com
Mark French
NTK Member

Re: Track tear out

Postby Bob Preston » Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:40 am

Hey Mark,
It was reported at the club meeting that some preliminary work was performed. You have a great Idea for us to start posting news articles that document the progress. I will see if Chris can do this or if I can find a key to get in and snap a few photos.
Regards,
BP
Bob Preston

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:30 am

I am going to try to go up there & take some photos too. If anyone gets there before me please email me some photos & I will post them so we can see the progress! :D
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
www.gaddywebdesign.com
972-462-8393
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Postby John Flores » Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:07 pm

Will the membership gate key work? If so I can go by in the morning and shoot a few pictures since I am so close.

John
John Flores

Postby Bob Preston » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:02 am

John,
I think the member lock may have been removed. You will need the maintenance/comtractor key.
BP
Bob Preston

Postby John Flores » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:10 am

Update: No work done to the track yet. There are some stakes and markers on the track. A drainage pipe was either being put in or taken out between turns 4 & 5. Some equipment at the track.

If I can get a key to the gate I will go to the track a couple of times during the weeks ahead and post some pictures.

John
John Flores

Postby Bob Preston » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:08 pm

Well I was able to make it by the track the last two evenings and snap some pictures. It’s actually happening so no turning back now!
Yesterday after referencing all elevations and corner radius’ they pulverized the existing asphalt & base on the new section of track. Then today mixed in the stabilizer and were grading so they could begin to compact.
Coming up next will be the same thing for the old track, blending in the two sections and new curbs by, maybe, Monday.
I have additional pictures….if you want ‘em just email me.
BTW..walking the track felt a little bit weird today, almost like I should have paid more attention to every little bump, crack & teeth chattering ripple. I can only imagine how some of you long time track rats feel.
Hopefully the new track will have as much character and secrets that will take many, many laps to reveal...
BP
Attachments
Picture 016.jpg
Picture 016.jpg (46.85 KiB) Viewed 2859 times
Picture 020.jpg
Picture 020.jpg (79.1 KiB) Viewed 2859 times
Picture 022.jpg
Picture 022.jpg (65.55 KiB) Viewed 2859 times
Bob Preston

Postby Don Goldston » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:17 pm

Hi
Thanks for posting the pictures and what they will be doing. Saved a trip to see what was happening. Hope the rain this weekend does not set them back too much.
Again, thanks!
Don
Don Goldston

Postby Keith Bartholomew » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:24 pm

Mike Engstrom,You should be excited the track looks like your kind gig right now, all that dirt thing happening. I spoke to the contractor today, actually the rain will help with the needed moisture for good compaction. Of course should get continued rain this may not help. Seem tro be on schedule right now. I hope to have more updates as the days progress on when the curbing work will start.
Keith Bartholomew
NTK Member

Postby Mike Engstrom » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:29 pm

Yeah really, looks like they are getting with the program. Wouldn't mind playin with the motor grader a bit, not sure if I could still cut grade or not after all these years. I'm very excited to get back to the track, it should be awesome!
Mike Engstrom

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:58 pm

Gene & I went up to visit the track today. They are really moving along fast & making good progress. They were in the process of breaking up/pulverizing the "old" section of track. They said they would be doing some curb work soon. Depending on the weather & how much rain we have they hope to be laying down the asphalt at the end of next week or beginning of the following week if everything keeps going according to schedule & the weather cooperates. I took several photos. I just got home from the board meeting & will post the photos in the morning.
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
www.gaddywebdesign.com
972-462-8393
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:21 am

New photos taken 09/10 hav been posted to the Home page
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
www.gaddywebdesign.com
972-462-8393
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Postby Keith Bartholomew » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:38 pm

Well today there was some curbing poured. I haven't been able to see it yet. I will be at the track Sat to look. Also I will be up tearing out the old pit runner in the center of the track. Should anybody want to help come on. I also think we will be picking rock just to help with the landscape and cleanup. The rain has backed the schedule up a little, but curbing should be completed mid next week and paving I assume will be begin the following week. Shoulder up the edges and fine grade the rest of the week and maybe we will be ready.
Keith Bartholomew
NTK Member

Postby Mike Jones » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:32 am

providing good weather, maybe finished in a couple weeks?
Mike Jones
www.dallaskartingcomplex.com
http://www.thekartshop.net
214-882-6823
Sales, Service, Driver Coaching

"Loving the smell of burnt castor for over 30 years"
Mike Jones

Postby Philip Meadows » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:52 am

when will we be able to go pratice? Is our frist race still going to happen on 10-17-09? someone said we wont race untill the beging of next year. is that true and why?
Philip Meadows

Next

Return to NTK Track Forum