It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:27 am

Text Size

NTK Traveling Race Team

Information & Questions about karting in general.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

NTK Traveling Race Team

Postby John Flores » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:01 pm

Reed and I are thinking about traveling to one of the nearby tracks while our track is getting a much needed facelift to have a little fun. I was just wondering if there were any other NTK racers out there that might want to get together as a group and invade one of our neighboring tracks? Maybe Tulsa, OMC or Katy towards the end of this month or the beginning of next month. If there is any interest please leave a message here. Thanks.

John
John Flores

Re: NTK Traveling Race Team

Postby Wayne Riedel » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:24 pm

john,
i already called rodney several times at champion kart shop before the last club race. i too was interested in having ntk invade a club race in sept. if you go online, you have to buy a set of tires from him (stones), amd when i asked about a yamaha class, he just laughed. so after all that i gave up. even hill country does not have a yamaha program. have fun, see you at the new track.
wayne
Wayne Riedel

Postby John Flores » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:39 pm

Yeah I think OMC is anti Yamaha but we were thinking about taking a Tag and a Yamaha where ever we go. Tulsa and Katy have a few Yamahas. I realy was not worried about club tire rule as we are just going to have a good time. I have also sent a email to the Waco track. I think they run some Yamaha's also. They are also a little closer.

John
John Flores

Postby Bob Preston » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:49 pm

Both Katy & Tulsa have a race scheduled for 10/4. I'm shuffling karts & motors/rebuilds around so I may be able to make one of these.
I seem to remember that OMC would allow us to run w/o their stamped tire and just get the dq. I guess we could confirm this? They have a 9/26 or 10/17 on the schedule.
Any interest in WACO? Will the Parilla be able to stretch it's legs there?
BP
Bob Preston

Postby John Flores » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:51 pm

Well it might not be able to completely stretch its legs but it would be fun anyway! Waco races on Saturday night which would be better than Sunday at Tulsa. Makes me no difference, Waco works for me.

John
John Flores

Postby Greg Masterman » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:15 pm

fyi
Equipe Rapaide Auto Cross on the 20th in Bedford Texas. Different from what we are used to. 100cc adult class and juniors as well. Check out Autocross.com/er for details. I thought it might be a good way to advertise our track. I use my blue Yaris (my shifter kart) at these events. One of our members kids run their karts now and then as well.

Call me if you have some questions 817-690-4184

Greg
Greg

Why Race to Your Next Oil Change?
AMSOIL Independent Dealer http://www.TruLube.com
Lubricants for DIESEL/GAS/Powersports/Lawn and Garden
Greg Masterman

Return to General Karting