It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:56 pm

Text Size

2010 Rotax or TAG classes

Information & Questions about karting in general.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

2010 Rotax or TAG classes

Postby Rusty Mitchell » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:38 pm

Does anyone have an idea if there will be much change in class entries in either the Rotax or TAG Senior classes at NTK club races next season? I know I'm asking about this early, but I'm trying to decide what I'm going to be running next year.
Rusty Mitchell

Re: 2010 Rotax or TAG classes

Postby James Freeman » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:13 pm

Rusty,

I should think the entry count would increase; new track and most importantly, kart sales are up at some of our local kart shops. I'm very encouraged with potential racing in North Texas next year.

Jim
James Freeman

Postby George Kraus » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:08 pm

Rusty,
I don't see any changes in the Rotax or TAG classes unless the national rules change. We ( the club ) normally follow the national rules. Of course that could change at the rules meeting in Jan. Club required tires "might" be an issue. I would think, as Jim said, with a new track we would have more racers next year.
George Kraus
Doctor say that I can go drive, check the bloodpressure and LET'S SEE.

Whoot!!!!!!!!!
George Kraus
NTK Newsletter

Postby Mike Engstrom » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:41 am

Polar Bear Series should be real good,new track-big numbers. Points series, better than this year. JMO
Mike Engstrom

Postby Rusty Mitchell » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:18 pm

Thanks for all the replies.

I'd heard that the Formula Y class may be coming back, and that some of the Rotax entries may switch to it. I just don't want to go out and buy a Rotax only to find out that a lot of the entries are moving to another class.

I still have my Leopard that I used to run in KART, but with class entries being so low I'm not really interested in running it. I'm pretty sure that I'll be joining and racing at NTK next year, I'm just trying to gauge what class it will be in. I'm not too fond of Yamaha's though.

Thanks again
Rusty
Rusty Mitchell

Postby Mike Engstrom » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:42 pm

Wouldn't take to much stake in that one. There is already 3 or 4 senior yamaha classes. But like you said if it happened, just pickup an engine.
Mike Engstrom

Postby Gary Bailey » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:41 pm

Hello Rusty,
Long time no see, In regards to racing at NTK bring your TaG car. We had 6 TaG cars at the last race 2 guys that didn't race last year will be back to race this year. We have the potential to have 10 to 12 TaG cars every week, if everyone shows up. Garret and Brendon are looking foward to racing against you.

Thanks,
Gary Bailey
Give me a call at 214-498-5739
Email: BRT2324@hotmail.com
Gary Bailey
NTK Member

Postby Jeff Cloud » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:32 am

Rusty,
Here are the class entries from the 2009 racing season:
TAG Senior 35
TAG Masters 6
Rotax International 96
Rotax Masters 27

Maybe this will help your decision.

Jeff Cloud
Points Chairman
Jeff Cloud

Postby Rusty Mitchell » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:23 pm

Jeff
Thanks for the info. Entry count is what I'm interested in. I already have a Leopard, so I think I'm going to run it for the Polar Bear series and see what the turnout is. I'll probably decide then whether I'll stay in TAG or get a Rotax. I'd like to run a class that consistently pulls decent entries, not just 2 or 3.
Thanks again,
Rusty
Rusty Mitchell

Postby Mike Urbanski » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:57 pm

I am new to all of this so forgive me if this is a dumb question. I saw the numbers for Rotax International, good turn out. But I can't find any info on this class. Found Master and Senior Max but nothing on International.
Mike Urbanski

Postby James Freeman » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:23 pm

Mike,

Rotax Senior is also known as Rotax International.

Jim
James Freeman

Postby Mike Urbanski » Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:28 pm

Thanks Jim. Too many classes, this is very confusing. Keep reading and asking questions and I will get a handle on it.
Mike
Mike Urbanski

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:32 am

Rotax used to call the Senior class Rotax International, a few years ago they changed the name to Senior Max so now the same class is known by Rotax Senior, Senior Max & Rotax International. I have updated the Racing Info>Classes page to show the 3 names for the same class to help avoid confusion.
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
www.gaddywebdesign.com
972-462-8393
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Postby Keith Bartholomew » Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:11 pm

You will find that there already are to many classes I know it is confusing. Since we have been members we have tried to be economical instead of what everyone else says to do. Your approach to TAG with the leopard is economical. The ROTAX has its +s although my experience is you cant tinker with it you have to have somebody else to do. I myself can only blame me for why my KART didn't run correct since I can work on my Leopard. I hope that we will see more Leopards this year and you can get the level of comfort your looking for. I in no way want to make you decide to go with one or the other but you have to get out there and run when we are ready.
Keith Bartholomew
NTK Member

Return to General Karting