It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:10 am

Text Size

Tag Senior classes

Discussion forum for all Touch and Go classes.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Tag Senior classes

Postby Rusty Mitchell » Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:08 am

Jeff showed the entry counts for both TAG Senior and Masters for the 2009 season. It looks like Masters only pulled 6 entries for the season. I hope no one will shoot me for asking this, but has anyone thought of simply running a TAG Senior Heavy class and merge the 2 classes into 1? A number of clubs have done this successfully by running 1 class at the Masters weight. If it's an issue for qualifying for the TAGUSA Finals, I believe TAG accepts this as a local option.

I can make either of the current weight or age classes, so it's not a major issue for me. I was just thinking that it might encourage some of the Masters that can't make the Senior weight to come out and run if it's under one class at equal weight with more entries. Again, it's just a thought.
Rusty Mitchell

Re: Tag Senior classes

Postby Keith Bartholomew » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:26 pm

Rusty,
You have a good idea lets keep the blood going, I think by the time we get done the senior master class will need to be heavy. I the past nobody is willing to vary from any class its like they cant come out of the shell. I myself have no problem with losing or wining racing seems to be where we all need to be. Ya know wining and whinning have some similarites. The TAG deal as I have said is good. Glad to see the interest.
Keith Bartholomew
NTK Member

Return to TaG