It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:28 am

Text Size

animal or local 306

Discussion forum for 4-Cycle classes.

Moderators: Kevin Crowe, Daniel Esparza

animal or local 306

Postby John Ray » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:14 pm

interesting phone call from colorado about a northern texas kart track running briggs. the understanding was that we ( i say we ) were running the local 306 motor and had a following. i corrected him and said that the class was a growing entity and was originally incepted as animal motor only and to be sealed by local kart shop. his reply was that the 306 motor was a briggs version of the animal but had already been modified by the briggs factory and that the animal was a version that left room for engine builders to modify. they were interested in possibly traveling to our track to compete with us, but i told this guy we were fledgling in our following as of yet. i know there has been some talk of both motors and some people do not have sealed motors, meaning animals, which are sealed locally. how do we solve this dilemma without causing difficulties?? food for thought by the way if it is not 306 then whatever.
J RAY
John Ray
NTK President

Re: animal or local 306

Postby Mike Urbanski » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:21 pm

This is meant as no offense to anyone. I know people have worked hard to get this class going.

If the rules for this class were the same as most all tracks that run Briggs there would not be any confusion.
LO 206 is catching on all over the place due to it's price and being sealed by Briggs. Animal motors have several classes from Box Stock to Unlimited, but no sealed animals.(that I know of) Being very new it took me a little while to understand what you all were doing with the new class. I have no problem with it the way you all setting it up, and will run the class next year sealed or not.

But if you are trying to bring in people from other areas of the country to race here, there needs to be standardization with what others are doing. There is a sticky thread on Bob's about LO206 and trying to get some kind of national standard that everyone goes by. Now this might be a pipe dream but it makes sense to my little brain.

That's my .03, I got a raise this year.

Mike
Mike Urbanski

Return to 4-Cycle