It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:34 pm

Text Size

First day on the track

Discussion forum for 4-Cycle classes.

Moderators: Kevin Crowe, Daniel Esparza

First day on the track

Postby Mike Urbanski » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:09 pm

All I can say is yes! Finally got the kart out on the track. Motor ran great, kart was good, driver was terrible, well maybe not terrible, but I need a lot of practice.

Practice, practice, practice.....
Mike Urbanski

Re: First day on the track

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:40 pm

Mike,

Glad to hear you got to practice some. Did Tabitha drive also? Do you think you will be racing this Sunday?
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
www.gaddywebdesign.com
972-462-8393
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Postby Mike Urbanski » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:19 pm

No Tabby didn't get to go because her kart is not done. I need to fabricate a tank support for hers. Had to order a smaller tank so she could get her legs around it and reach the pedals. But it doesn't come with any mounting hardware. The hardware I bought doesn't work either.

No I won't be racing this weekend. I have some handling issues to work on. And I really need to scale the kart. I also need to remove a little more from the chain guard. And after the lap times I was turning you all would end up lapping me.

Mike
Mike Urbanski

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:19 pm

Mike,

It does take some time to get everything right especially when you are starting out. Just take your time & get some seat time.

I'm not sure if I will get around to putting lead & a restrictor on my kart or not before Sunday. I may just take another DQ. Austin said he won't help me lift my kart if I put lead on it! :roll:
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
www.gaddywebdesign.com
972-462-8393
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Postby Mike Urbanski » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:48 pm

I will help you lift your kart. They are not that heavy. Mine is roughly 175 lbs. Put in on and off stand yesterday probably 6 times, it's good for ya!
Mike Urbanski

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:20 am

Mike,

My lap times are not a good representation because I was running 40lbs light & without a restrictor.

I will have lead on my kart & a restrictor by the next race so it will be more competitive with Gene. It will be more fun to race with him than lapping him, besides I want to see if I can break his track record! :mrgreen:
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
www.gaddywebdesign.com
972-462-8393
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Return to 4-Cycle