It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:04 am

Text Size

Local Chonda Interest

Discussion forum for 4-Cycle classes.

Moderators: Kevin Crowe, Daniel Esparza

Local Chonda Interest

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:04 pm

Hey guys,

It looks like OMC are updating their club points file. Take a look at OMCs race results. They just started the Chonda class & already have 8 entries! It looks like they already have a total of 10 or 11 in that class.

http://www.oklahomamotorsportscomplex.com/Results.html

Maybe after we get the class started here, sometime in the future, we can have a TX/OK Red River Chonda challenge between a few of our club races.
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
www.gaddywebdesign.com
972-462-8393
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Re: Local Chonda Interest

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:08 pm

It looks like GCKI at Katy are up to 10 entries in that class too. I heard they are predicting 20 Chonda entries by the summer.

http://www.racekarts.com/MyLaps-Results.html
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
www.gaddywebdesign.com
972-462-8393
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Postby Greg Masterman » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:19 pm

I just Mike Urbanski today. He seemed very excited about getting on with racing. As the Chonda class grows interest in the Animal class will likely follow.
Great talking with you and good luck racing Mike, hope you have lots of competition this weekend!
Greg

Why Race to Your Next Oil Change?
AMSOIL Independent Dealer http://www.TruLube.com
Lubricants for DIESEL/GAS/Powersports/Lawn and Garden
Greg Masterman

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:29 pm

Welcome Mike to NTK & the Chonda class. Gene, Ansel, Austin & I are planning on being at the track tomorrow (Sunday). We are meeting Carlos Perez there also. Carlos will be buying a Chonda kart from us & will also be joining NTK soon.
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
www.gaddywebdesign.com
972-462-8393
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Postby Charles Pou » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:47 pm

Finally got on the track Sat with my Chonda. Lots of fun, I was pretty pleased with how it ran. Good group of racers to run with too. However, I was not happy with the rules, i.e. minimum required weight 405#'s or carb restrictor plate, and required pipe.

I understand the reasons for the rules and good rules too, just not for me.

I ran mine with stock airbox, stock jet and RLV Clone pipe (RFV5438C, which is about the same cost as the required pipe with muffler). This configuration saves the cost of the after market air cleaner/ adapter cup, and larger jet(s), approx $30. This is the way they run them at the local dirt tracks, that's why I know about it.

Basically, with this configuration you are restricting intake instead of exhaust (NTK rules restrict exhaust with small pipe/ muffler that runs very hot). The results are about the same either way, except the way I ran mine cost less $'s and has a better pipe IMO, maybe runs a little better.

If I decide to run my Chonda at NTK, I will get legal as required, not a problem. Next time out, I plan to try my Animal. :-)
Charles Pou

Return to 4-Cycle