It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:46 am

Text Size

April 10th - Shifter Grand Prix Race

Discussion forum for shifters.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

April 10th - Shifter Grand Prix Race

Postby Scott Wagner » Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:16 pm

What a show last night! Thanks to those who organized this event and I appreciate all the folks who worked as well. Dirk, you ran a great program!
This was quite a spectacle to watch and it's been a while since I've seen that many fans lining the fences. They saw some great driving and racing by all the shifter drivers. I can't wait for more races like that!
Scott Wagner
NTK Member

Re: April 10th - Shifter Grand Prix Race

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:08 pm

A big thank you to Michael Johnson for his promotion of the event, from organizing the racers to creating a Facebook event page about it.

I really enjoyed watching the shifter kart racing. I wish I could drive like that! Maybe if I keep using Nick's used tyres some of his awesomeness will rub off on my Chonda!

We'll all look forward to the next shifter get together.

Hey, did anyone video tape that? We have a new NTK YouTube channel that we need to upload some videos to. Let me know if you have a video you want featured on the NTK YouTube channel.
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
www.gaddywebdesign.com
972-462-8393
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Postby Brandt Lucido » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:16 am

Dido,Dido,Dido What a great show, Nick and I want to thank Michael Johnson for spearheading and encouraging all the shifters to come out,I think the results speak for themself. Dirk my hats is off to you what a great on time program !! and your for your son Clint to run the race he did by himself "with a little help from Frenchy"speak volumes about his talent and what this year should be for him. Where did Conor Iseli come from? What a great drive ,sombody has been practicing. With all the new young guns mixing it up with the seasoned vetrans like Mike Mcallister it was some of the best racing we've been to in a long time.And last of all thanks to all who put in the time at NTK on the reconditionig of the track,Nick says its the best he's ever seen it and feels that with some pushing the 35sec lap time threshold should broken this year. :D Thanks for a great time The Lucido's
Brandt Lucido

Postby Dirk Korte » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:16 pm

Thanks Brandt and Scott. I appreciate your support on and off the track. I also want to say thanks to Michael Johnson for putting this event together and Mark French for working with Clint while I was doing the Race Director thing.

What a cool shifter event! Very impressive and my hats off to all the drivers for very good, close, clean racing. You all conducted yourselves as professionals on and off the track.

Thanks again and I look forward to the next Shifter Grand Prix!
Dirk Korte
Clint Korte - Birel #115 S2
Dirk Korte

Postby Greg Masterman » Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:31 pm

Very good show, I saw a major great pass in 7 by Connor on a white kart, not sure who, wow! Wheel to wheel, I expected sparks!. Wish I had the skill and guts to do the same.

Great racing guys!
Greg

Why Race to Your Next Oil Change?
AMSOIL Independent Dealer http://www.TruLube.com
Lubricants for DIESEL/GAS/Powersports/Lawn and Garden
Greg Masterman

Postby Jerry Iseli » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:37 pm

I know Connor had more fun at this race than any sprint race in a long time. Thanks to everyone for coming out - it was an awesome evening.

I also want to add my thanks to Michael Johnson for organizing the event, Dirk Korte for his great job as race director, and all the shifter racers who exhibited great sportmanship and fantastic driving skills. By my count six racers had laps under the existing track record on Saturday night - led by Nick Lucido.

Links to on-board videos Connor edited along with the high quality pictures from Taylor Stawicki can be found at http://www.connoriseli.com
Jerry Iseli
NTK Member

Return to Shifter Karts