It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:21 am

Text Size

Question about Rotax kart,on What category will it fit on?

Information & Questions about karting in general.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Question about Rotax kart,on What category will it fit on?

Postby Alex Cruz » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:00 pm

I just bought a 05 rotax that still have the seal on the motor and has a passport, it will be my first time racing karts, my background is motorcycle racing on road courses. anyway i was there today for the first time and my best lap was 47.50 sec. with some old worn tires, im not sure if this is ok or not, also my question is that i heard that i can run this kart on the TAG category. What do you all think. what would you recommend rotax max, SR. VS TAG.

Thanks.
Alex Cruz
NTK Member

Re: Question about Rotax kart,on What category will it fit on?

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:51 pm

Hi Alex,

47 second laps for the first time out is great!

Probably each time out you will be a little quicker.

Go to www.RaceLaps.com to see what lap times people are running in the different classes. You will have to create an account to view lap times but accounts are free.

You can run a Rotax kart in the Rotax class or Tag class or both!

There were only 5 total Tag Sr entries in the Spring series (average 1 entry per race). There were 20 total Rotax Sr entries in the Spring series (average 4 per race).

So there may be more racers to race with in the Rotax Sr class but you may be able to coordinate all the TAG Sr racers to come to a race to race with you. They are Reed Flores, Eric Bartholomew & Garrett & Brendon Bailey.
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
www.gaddywebdesign.com
972-462-8393
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Return to General Karting