It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:00 pm

Text Size

Summer Nat'ls

Discussion forum for shifters.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Summer Nat'ls

Postby Scott Wagner » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:58 pm

Just wanted to congratulate our local shifter racers - Nick L., Clint K., & Connor I. You all had solid performances at the Nat'ls this past weekend. I listened online and was pulling for all of you. I know what solid drivers all three of you are so it tells me how stiff the competition was. All of you should be proud of your racing - you guys did great!

A quick shout out for the Dad's who made it happen...way to go guys! Hope everyone had a great time and we look forward to seeing you back at our home track!

Scott & Connor
Scott Wagner
NTK Member

Re: Summer Nat'ls

Postby Jerry Iseli » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:12 pm

Thanks Scott - it was a tough weekend for many of the Texas drivers although our S5 drivers, Alex Tartaglia and Grant Prejean, picked us up and of course Clint Korte had a great finish in the Sunday feature race. Nick Lucido was very competitive all weekend against a very strong field.

Connor and I struggled a lot of the weekend with DNFs in both feature races; highlights were running 4th in the final on Saturday before going off and qualifying 3rd on Sunday in the rain.

Awesome track, great competition, and a superbly run event - I think we all went away happy (and more experienced)!
Jerry Iseli
NTK Member

Re: Summer Nat'ls

Postby Brandt Lucido » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:05 pm

Thanks Scott,this by far was the most chalanging track we have been up against,Very hard to tune your chassie,many elevation changes and at the end of the so called straight topped out in sixth gear the karts were getting about 6 inches of air at the crest of a hill landing and taking a sharp left!! Nick was up against Alex Speed,AJ Almedinger,Jamie Mcmurry,Fritz Leechman,to mention a few!He drove like a true champ but unable to run better than 8th place during Sat Qualifying.The track setting was in the hills of Shawano with a front sweeper that dropped some 50 ft, unbelievable We didn't fair as well as Clint ,Alex,Grant and Connor who all did fantastic in my book,but it gives us something to work for come November in Vegas! we'll see you guys next week at NTKfor the SWRC!
Brandt Lucido

Return to Shifter Karts