It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:02 pm

Text Size

Saturday Practice Concerns...

Information & questions about the NTK club organization and track.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Saturday Practice Concerns...

Postby Troy V Smith » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:33 pm

Hello all! This is more less a question for club officials - I am a bit concerned for my wife which has been registered for Saturdays practice. She is running TAG with an Arrow/Leopard 125. I am assuming that NTK will divide practice between the 2 and 4 strokes? Although she is getting more comfortable in the seat, she has a long way to go to run a competitive pace. I am fearful that with the projected turnout, she would be most certainlly an obsticle on the track combined within the 2 stroke classes. I certainlly don't want her or other racers to be hindered in their efforts. She has the appropriate "rookie" markings, but would it be possible to practice her with, maybe the 4 strokes or a less "intimidating class"? Even keeping up with a moderate 4 stroke would be quite challenging with her current experience. Suggestions??
Troy V Smith

Re: Saturday Practice Concerns...

Postby Jessie Viator » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:36 pm

Troy, she should have no problems, I'm a new member and have only been racing there for a month. I race in the rotax class and Im quite a bit slower than the other guys out there. I get lapped quite often and have had no problems. As long as you have the nice orange rear number plate she will be fine. Once they notice this they take caution and pass in a safe place and it will take a couple of laps for them to catch up again. It has actually helped me out a lot when they pass me so I can follow their line. The people at NTK are great, don't worry you will both have a great time.
Jessie Viator

Postby Troy V Smith » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:04 pm

Thanks Jessie - appreciate the input. She does pretty good down the straights, but it is the corners that worry me - she is pretty hard on the brakes and I've replaced her rear bumper a couple times now. I've got a small red flashing light that she used in Chicago this year - any problem with using that as well you think? I'd go with a lighthouse, or construction barrier if I could get it to fit? :lol:
Troy V Smith

Postby Jessie Viator » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:58 pm

I was doing the same thing fast on the straights slam on my brakes before the turn. I have fixed it a little bit. I dont know about the flasher (sounds like a great idea) but the orange number plates definitely stand out.
Jessie Viator

Postby Lori Stine » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:29 pm

Troy,
Depending on how practice is running and if we need to, Controlled Practice may be called - which would divide the practice time up by classes and she could go out with a class more her speed if that would be more comfortable for her.
Lori Stine
Hunter - Jr Shifter #671
Hadyn - Whatever Floats Her Boat Today
Lori Stine
NTK Secretary

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:43 pm

Troy,

I am sure it will be fine to put her with a class that is closer to her lap times even if it is not a similar engine package. She is welcome to practice with the 4-stoke class if that is where she feels comfortable.

We will look forward to sharing the track with her. :)
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
www.gaddywebdesign.com
972-462-8393
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Return to NTK Track Forum