It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:27 am

Text Size

have a question about a class

Information & Questions about karting in general.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

have a question about a class

Postby Milton Rivera » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:45 pm

Me my brother and my son race regularly at your track.My son is turning 14 in march but you do not run junior class with leopards and am not buying a rotax max anytime soon it will be posible for him to race with the senior class meeting the class weight.
Milton Rivera

Re: have a question about a class

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:05 am

Milton,

NTK has an option year. If your son turns 14 next year, his option year (the year he turns 16) will be 2013.

A driver may chose to drive in the Jr or Sr class in his option year. See rule 2.1.1 Competition Age http://www.ntkarters.com/Rules-400K-PDF.html

You can check with the Race Directors/board members to see if his Jr class can be combined with the Sr class (on the track at the same time but scored separately) You can apply for a waiver for him to move up to the Sr class early but those are usually granted for drivers with a lot of racing experience to move up one year early not 2 years early.

You should contact John Ray, Bob Schabel or a board member to discuss your options.
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
www.gaddywebdesign.com
972-462-8393
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Return to General Karting