It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:06 pm

Text Size

NTK 2011 Chonda Rules Require Sealed Engines

Discussion forum for 4-Cycle classes.

Moderators: Kevin Crowe, Daniel Esparza

NTK 2011 Chonda Rules Require Sealed Engines

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:37 pm

I am posting the information below on behalf of George Shear, Total Concepts Racing Engines, George is a 4-cycle engine expert and will be providing 4-cycle tech support at NTK in 2011.

If you would like George to seal your blue Harbor Freight engine in time for the Spring series and save on shipping charges you can give the engine to him at NTK winter race 3 and he will return it to you at NTK winter race 4.

George will also be supplying NTK racers with new yellow sealed engines.

I will do inspecting and sealing on the non sealed motors in my shop.

The cost will be $40 plus parts of which may be needed such as gaskets, cam upgrade, shipping & handling, etc. You the racer will let me know how you want it done.

If I have to do any of the below listed, there will be an extra charge.

I can if at the track, bring your motor back to my shop and return it to you on race weekend or however you instruct.

In order for this to be done at this figure, I must receive the motor in the following condition and listed items removed.

1. CLEAN MOTOR -- No dirt or oil on engine!!
2. Oil drained from motor
3. No pipe or muffler system
4. No Motor mount
5. No Clutch
6. No Chain Guard
7. No Fuel Tank if mounted on engine
8. No air filter
9. No throttle linkage to carb

Pricing does not include shipping charges.

New YELLOW motor pricing from TCRE:

1. Yellow motor out of the box and sealed $130.00
2. Yellow motor out of the box with cam change to BSP style (similar to CL1) and sealed $150.00
3. Yellow motor out of the box with CL1 Improved cam and sealed $170.00 (The cost of this cam may be changing as our price also may change, will know 1st week of February)

The items to be sealed will be head bolt, case cover bolt, flywheel housing. The carb and valve cover bolts will not be for maintenance reasons. Your rockers, valve springs, carb, clutch, FUEL and muffler system will still be inspected at the track.

I hope this will help all.

Should you have any questions, feel free to call my shop at the 918-618-6800 or my cell 405-799-9204 after business hours.

Thanks,
George

George Shear
TCRE, Inc.
Small Motor Warehouse, Inc.

Authorized Service Center for Robyn, Briggs, Kohler, Tecumseh, Generac, Poulan, Husqvarna, ETQ, American Sports Works, Troy Built, Cub Cadet
Authorized Service Center for all MTD Products
Authorized Rotax Dealer & Service Center
CTO KSUSA
http://www.gokartracingengines.com
http://www.smallmotorwarehouse.com

918-618-6800 shop
405-799-9204 shop and cell anytime
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
www.gaddywebdesign.com
972-462-8393
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Re: NTK 2011 Chonda Rules Require Sealed Engines

Postby Jason Fisher » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:24 pm

If some one were to come in from out of town with a stock blue clone, would be allowed to race? (Obviously we would basically be DQ'd and get no points, but it would be just for fun) Our local track only allows the blue motors, but we would like to drive up for a couple of your races this season.
Jason Fisher

Re: NTK 2011 Chonda Rules Require Sealed Engines

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:38 pm

Jason,

Yes you can race at an NTK club race with an unsealed blue engine but as you said you would receive a DQ after the qualifying session which would put you at the back of the grid for the pre-final and final heats and you would get a DQ for the event.

Sealed engines are available from George Shear at Total Concepts Racing Engines for $130, add $20 for a BSP cam & $10 to advance the timing (when he is sealing the engine & already has a degree wheel on it). http://www.gokartracingengines.com/ 918-618-6800.

Thanks for coming to NTK to race with us!
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
www.gaddywebdesign.com
972-462-8393
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Return to 4-Cycle