It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:37 am

Text Size

newbi question

Discussion forum for all Touch and Go classes.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

newbi question

Postby David Gover » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:56 am

Hello all, I am 36 and live in Shreveport, la. I have always wanted to race anything with a motor but now since I am actually capable I wanted to get into kart racing (fits the budget). Can anyone let me know if their is a good master class participating in TAG here at NTK. The Rotax Challange seems a bit pricer. a quick bio I am 6'@ 185-190. Any suggestions would be great! thank all.
David Gover

Re: newbi question

Postby Bob Schabel » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:14 pm

David, the best entry class at NTK is the Chonda 4 cycle class. There is a Masters class for it, and the engine blocks are cheap (Harbor Freight 4 strokes, clone engines). For info call me at 972-221-2567, Bob Schabel NTK VP
Bob Schabel
NTK Vice President

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:01 pm

David,

Like Bob says the Chonda 4-cycle clone class is a great, affordable, low maintenance & dependable class.

This year NTK is requiring a sealed blue or yellow engine. You can get your engines sealed by George Shear at Total Concepts Racing Engines. I think he may have left one or two with NTK to sell to new racers, check with Bob Schabel or John Ray.

I started the class last year & am still racing in it this year. If you have any questions you can call me too 972-462-8393.
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
www.gaddywebdesign.com
972-462-8393
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Postby David Gover » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:32 am

thanks all for the helpful answers, I will defiantly look into that and probably give you guys a call for more info. again, thank you.
David Gover

Return to TaG