It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:06 am

Text Size

Looking to get into Karting

Information & Questions about karting in general.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Re: Looking to get into Karting

Postby John Flores » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:39 pm

Matt,

I would suggest coming out to the track tomorrow or the next race and check out the classes and walk through the pits. Bring your friends too. Everyone at the track is very friendly and will be happy to answer any questions you have.

John
John Flores

Re: Looking to get into Karting

Postby Yaani-Mai Gaddy » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:04 pm

Matt,

Ditto what John said. Come out to a club race & talk to some of the racers. The Yamaha or Chonda classes are both great entry level classes depending on what your budget is. If you want to spend more the Rotax class is faster & also low maintenance & dependable. Rotax Masters weight is 405lbs.

I race in the Chonda class which is very economical and low maintenance. There is a Chonda Heavy class that is 385lbs that might be a good fit for your size. We all purchased used chassis. This year the rules require a sealed engine from Total Concepts Racing Engines. A stock sealed engine is $130, most of us buy the sealed engine with an upgraded cam & advanced timing which only costs $160, very cheap compared to all the other classes.

If you PM or email me with your address I can send you some free spectator passes to come out & watch a club race & talk to some racers.

Yaani-Mai
yaani @ gaddywebdesign.com (remove spaces).
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
www.gaddywebdesign.com
972-462-8393
Yaani-Mai Gaddy
NTK Member

Return to General Karting