It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:07 pm

Text Size

Newbe

Discussion forum for Yamaha classes.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Newbe

Postby Mark Hollars » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:02 pm

Hello!
My name is Mark Hollars and I am working to get a kart together to race Master Can.
Just bought a T.C. cart (no motor) Monday, seems to be in great shape (have not had a chance to really go over it yet). Its about 8-10 yrs old.
Found a couple motors (KT 100s),and spare parts clutch"s, etc in the classifieds here and picked them up last night.
Going to be a few weeks before I get everything together and running - need to order a few parts.
Really excited about this. Raced a yamaha cart for one summer back in the 80s-lots of fun!
Looking forward to meeting everyone, will try and make it out this Sat. - just spectate - check out the carts etc.
Do have a question about a clutch I'm planning on using. It's a Horstman HDC-5B (2 disc clutch)just want to make sure its legal for this class.
Thanks
Mark
Mark Hollars
NTK Member

Re: Newbe

Postby John Flores » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:27 pm

Welcome to the club. I am sure you are going to have a blast once you get back in the seat.
The clutch is legal, and I think it is the best choice.
If you come out this weekend stop by my trailer and say hi. My son runs the #222 in the Senior Super Sportsman class. This class is the same as the Mastercan class less 5.lbs.
If you need any help do not hesitate to ask.

John
John Flores

Postby Mark Hollars » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:58 am

Thanks John, will definately stop by and say hi. Have a little bit of a schedule conflict for Sat. at this time but think I can resolve it and make it out.

I do have a few more questions - if you don't mind. : )

Is it legal to port match the transfer ports between the cyl. and the cases on the KT-100 for this class

Is it legal to change the squish band, compression etc. by reworking the head.

Its seems I read somewhere that you have to buy all gas at the track (for racing) - is this true? If so what what flavor are we using for this class.

Thanks Again
Mark
Mark Hollars
NTK Member

Postby John Flores » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:20 pm

Give me call after work or I can answer your questions on Saturday
John Flores

Return to Yamaha