It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:41 pm

Text Size

Indoor Karting Dec 2nd & 3rd-"Chonda" kart opportunity

Information & Questions about karting in general.

Moderator: Kevin Crowe

Indoor Karting Dec 2nd & 3rd-"Chonda" kart opportunity

Postby Matt Drottz » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:12 pm

I know most NTK guys might frown at getting your kart dirty, but please read, i think it is a great way for both worlds to meet up and have a blast!! I will have a couple sprint karts there on 5" wheels (in fact, most of the clone karts at Kam Kartway are sprint karts) The Longhorn Shootout is an indoor dirt show that is taking place Dec. 2-3, 2011. I have reached out the promotor of this event and he stated that if we can get 10 clone (Chonda) karts that would commit to running the show, he will add us to the schedule!! I personally have 4 karts that I plan to take to this event, so that means we need a minimum of 6 more, what do you say guys/gals!!?? What a great place to showcase a true, grass roots class of karting!! It is my understanding the race will pay out some money as well and just to sweeten the pot, I will throw $10 into the purse for every kart we can get to show up and run (already at $40)!! I plan to discuss the rules, weights, etc… with the promoter this week, but my goal is to keep it simple, open tire rule, AKRA BSP rules, etc… Post on here or give me a call 515-441-9335 if your interested in attending, I want to get a base commitment of 10 karts asap so we can start planning a purse, misc. contingencies, etc… and please pass this on to any clone/chonda racer you know!! wouldn’t it be awesome to have a full field of guys/gals to race against!!??

Thanks,
Matt Drottz
HDC Fabrication
Driver of Clone kart #87
Matt Drottz

Re: Indoor Karting Dec 2nd & 3rd-"Chonda" kart opportunity

Postby Matt Drottz » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:11 pm

I have been getting some questions about karts, so just to clarify, these are flat karts, adults only (age 5 and up). I have already secured a nationally known company that supports clone racing for sponsorship. Raceseng out of NC. Looks like things are already shaping up nicely for this show!! I hope we can get some NTK support and maybe even a few pavements racers that want to get down and dirty!?

thanks,
Matt
Matt Drottz

Postby Mike Engstrom » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:51 am

This is a fun event, practice Friday night and racing Saturday. Pitting is indoors if you choose, track is a little bit longer than KAM but the same width. KAM will throw $50.00 in to the pot as well. I challenge you the racers to come out and do something a little different. PS it can be a blue,yellow,purple,green, or whatever color motor, as long as it complies to AKRA bsp rules. Contact Matt, he will be keeping track of driver list. Thanks!
Mike Engstrom

Postby Matt Drottz » Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:50 am

oops.. typo, age 15 and up!! Thanks for Mike and Kam Karting for the support, I have already recived calls and far as Lufkin TX, Odessa TX and Shreveport LA for this race!! Should be a great time!!
Matt Drottz

Postby Matt Drottz » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:22 am

I have confirmed with the promotor that they are going to add the clone class to the schedule for this event. I have received quite a few entries already and this is shaping up to be an awesome race for the clones. I have recieved many inquires into running the AKRA BP clone class as well as the BSP Clones that are already scheduled to run, if you are interested in running either of these, please let me know asap! Below are the details for the Longhorn Shootout!

2nd Annual Longhorn
GoKart and Mini Sprint Shootout
December 2nd and 3rd
Gates open: Friday 6:30 PM to 10:00 PM for practice
Saturday 10:00 AM – Races start at 1:00 PM
Grandstand Admission: $5.00 per person
Go Karts Entry Fee: $40.00 Car & Driver Includes Friday & Saturday Pit Pass
600 Restrictor, A Class, Dwarf & Legends Entry Fee: $25.00-plus pit pass for each night
Friday Night Pit Pass - $10.00 Saturday Night Pit Pass - $20.00
Go Karts 3.5 HP Pure
Stock 6.5 HP Pure Stock
Gold Plate & Animal
Adult Clone Karts
(125,250,500)Outlaw Shifter Karts
Jr. Sprints
Non Wing Non Wing
Restrictor 600 Mini’s
A Class 600 Mini’s
Dwarf/Legend Cars
Diamond W Arena Complex - 8901 East Hwy 67 -
Alvarado TX
www.diamondwarena.com
Contact Kevin Ramey (817)988-7433 or Jay Bransom (817)925-4298
LaQuinta Inn · 1165 W Highway 67 · Alvarado TX (817) 783-8700
Thanks, Matt
Matt Drottz

Postby Matt Drottz » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:12 pm

In just 12 days the Longhorn shootout will be here, are you ready?? Pre-entry is now available online at www.longhornshootout.com, if you plan to attend this show, please jump online and get pre-registered so that we have an idea of kart count for the clones. We are going to guarantee $100 to the winner of both the box stock class and open clones, with a free S1 billett flywheel being given way thanks to Raceseng ($140 value) in the open class. Please contact me if have any questions about the event. The purse for each clone class will increase if we can get more then 10 karts.

Thanks, Matt
Matt Drottz

Return to General Karting